1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Shots from Airventure

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by crazybob, 7 Aug 2009.

1. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Some shots from EAA Airventure last week. For those of you who aren't familiar with Airventure, it's one of the largest airplane gatherings in the entire world. For a week in July, 15,000 airplanes and 700,000 people show up at a small airport in Wisconsin. Naturally, there are daily airshows in addition to some extremely rare and unusual designs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full set

Thoughts or opinions?

2. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

beautiful

3. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Some nice shots there.

4. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Thanks for the replies. The first one is my favorite, mostly because of the framing; sadly, the framing was more accident than intent.

5. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

some nice shots there. I miss airshows (they haven't had a decent one in my area in years.) There didn't happen to be any pitts specials there eh ?

6. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Of course there were, although I didn't get any pictures of them. There was only one flown in an aerobatic routine, but there were quite a few on the ground. Sean Tucker also flew once or twice, and although his airplane isn't technically a Pitts, it's definitely based on one.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Sweetness. I was there on the last day, but didnt pay to get in. Just watched from a distance. Did take some pictures too, but with the distance I was away they are fare at best.

You must have been real close for these though! And that Twin Beech 18 doing those stunts was superb!