1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BF2 patch delayed by "office politics"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Aug 2009.

1. Spiny

Spiny What's a Dremel?

I liked bf2 but got fed up with the helicopter rape :(

2. sear

sear Guest

Office politics = they want DICE to focus on Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943 DLC. Seriously, that's it, and if you think it's anything else then you are deluded. Battlefield 2 is old news and EA would much rather prefer that DICE work on something that makes them money.

3. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

What? They're still supporting this? I'm completely floored by this. Also agreeing with Paradigm Shifter on the first page.

4. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Yo Spiny, check your PMs - you're a winner in the Asus comp, need some details!

Cheers :)

5. RallyRoach

RallyRoach What's a Dremel?

x2, plus the bombing runs. I understand its just the way the game plays, but some levels (power station, wake), where it was possible for a couple of pilots to keep the whole op-for confined to the aircraft carrier just got really old.

That and those damn boats were useless! At least give me a shoulder-fired heat seeker (like BF-Vietnam) to defend myself against those damn helicopters!

That being said, I love this game still. Nothing beats its mix of infantry/armor/special forces gameplay. You could play each map so many ways I still load it up. I do wish they had kept the in-vehicle radio from BF:V though, that was great.

6. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Its the 1.3 patch that killed off bf2 mosty, it had an server side crash bug that would keep the server up for less then 1-2 hrs at best

7. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I'm not sure I can say this is a friendly way, so i'm not gonna try. You are a liar.

BF2's netcode was NOTORIOUSLY bad for hitboxes (just type "BF2 hitboxes" in youtube), and the loading times were HORRIBLE compared to other shooters.

I also played BF2 from day 1 and amassed well over 1500 hours over multiple accounts, being a clan leader and server owner for most of the time I played. If you really have played from the start you'd remember the mind-numbingly annoying memory leak problems around v1.21 (also the patch that introduced the, so far unfixed, red tag glitch).

BF2 was a fantastic game when it worked (why I spent so many damn hours and cash on it), but DiCE really did enjoy making the experience as infuriating as possible with patches that radically changed the way the game played, some of which include:

-Adding prone/unprone delays
    -reducing C4 throwing distance to basically arms length, making a Spec.Ops players life very difficult
    -Constantly playing around with the weapon modifiers. Remember when the PKM became a fully auto snipe rifle?
    -Somehow making it so AT rockets have a 50% chance of going THROUGH HMMV's/Vodnicks
    -Constantly tweaking AA from 1 extreme to the other. I think it was 1.22 that made it impossible to get off the USMC carrier in most larger maps as the coastal AA locked on practically as soon as you got in the hotseat
    -Nerfing the BlackHawk miniguns to the point of pointless noise shooters because morons couldn't figure out how to use the mounted .50's or the AT kit
    -The whole J10 superiority issue....

I mean, those are just some I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone who says they've played BF2 for a decent amount of time and not had problems is either ungodly levels of lucky or a liar.

EDIT: Or just has the patience of a saint. :p

8. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Check my stats - stuartpb here's the link - http://bf2s.com/player/44332633/

From my stats:

PID (Player ID Number) 44332633
    Enrollment Date 2005-06-21 12:24:00
    Last Battle On 2009-05-27 20:21:00

Now let's get to the liar part, who the feck do you think you are to tell me that I am lying because I have had no major problems with the title? I did say there were a few problems that were patched out. Overall, I have enjoyed all my time with BF2 so why does that make me a liar? I suggest you learn some manners mate and stop throwing stupid accusations around.

EDIT: I also ran a clan called Bravehearts for around a year, and we had a dedi box from Hypernia, we did experience some probs on the server side, but they did get patched out eventually. and next time do your homework before you go making accusations on a public forum, because it may lead to severe egg on face!

Last edited: 10 Aug 2009
  9. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

They're probably about to announce BF3 and they want to make it look like they've supported the product like Valve supports its games.

10. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

I re-loaded this 6 months ago in anticipation of the patch. Looking forward to it, just hoping I can find some good servers again as you can get some real mongs in the game though *sigh*

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

^^that is so true...

I normally play in Gotland Servers.

I heard that the 1.5 beta patch introduces more bugs than it fixes.

I'm hoping they've addressed all the problems as I still like firing up the game for a quick frag....

My stats: http://bf2s.com/player/47201477/

12. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

QFT! I'm glad it's not just me who had these issues. It is indeed most infuriating aiming perfectly with the AT only to have it pass straight through solid objects!

13. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

BF2 is a flawed gem. As much as things annoy me I still come back for more.

It certanly gives it character! lol

14. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

We used to have a player in our clan, and all he did was bitch about the game when playing. We used Vent, and all we could hear was him moaning because he had missed someone, or been killed, and blaming it on the game mechanics. The rest of us always found it strange how we were managing OK. In the end he got voted off the clan. I know there were, and are, bugs within the game, but it has never been serious enough for me to want to stop playing it, or to constantly bitch about them. I really have enjoyed the play I have had.

If anything made BF2 take a dive in popularity it was the way certain people played the game and ruined it for others. I have never been brilliant on BF2, but I can hold my own most of the time, and I take it for what it is, a game. Some people are ultra competitive and come on the servers hassling everyone else, both on voice and in-game.

15. leslie

leslie Just me!

I don't think EA has ever supported anything for this long.
    The only office politics involved is EA screaming to stop working on it.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2009
  16. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Infantry only servers Cheesecake my friend

17. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Bah! Nadespam central! :p

Your in game experiance really depends on the quality of the team backing you up.

Get a squad of clanners with reasonable air support and commander and they will wipe up. Get a bunch of gulls TK'ing for the jets while the flag is capped from underneath them and your in for a rough time. :( Alot of the problems with BF2 melt away with good teamwork, but its so hard to come by in the wild. Thats the real No1 problem with BF2, the players!

Tags: Add Tags