1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress SA 360 - Shingart xbox 360 scratch build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Shingart, 17 May 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Woah the color of those fans is insane! What make/model are they, or did you paint those? (sorry if I missed something.)

2. Shingart

Shingart Graphic Design & Customs

talked about the paint in my last post!! :eyebrow: There sprayed! colours are from bommers best Graffiti spray paint company.

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I thought it looks fantastic in the black and orange plexi but painted white it looks awesome. That's how M$ should have made the Xbox to start with, they would have never had the "red ring of death" problem due to the solder loosening from the insane internal heat lol. The fans looks awesome, love the colour, very cool.

4. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

That white paint and that green looks insane! Really great color choice! good work!

5. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

really sick man, this is tops

6. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

/\ agree with all above..

insane!

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I was really loving the amber and black look, then the white and green is just as good!

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sorry I just misunderstood that bit. I thought you painted it white, and just GOT green fans from somewhere to match. They seemed factory-made :blush:

9. Shingart

Hey thanks for the comments,, am back from holiday and planning on having the 360 done in a week or two, going well so far just dropping in a msg to let you guys know I will be updating with more pics some point today! I have moved on since my last update fitting the feet, mobo, LCD panel and all wiring. hope to get up the pics soon, c u later!!!!!!

10. Shingart

This is the LCD panel am making out of left over acrylic, After thinking about where the two LCD displays will sit on the face panel av decided to put them inside the case but just behind the enclosure lid (left panel) which will be a smoked transparent black so the blue lit LCD displays should shine through the acrylic nicely or am hoping anyway!!!.

[​IMG]

11. Shingart

SA Watercooled xbox 360 Update part 2 (Final stages)

Making the tabs that hold the feet onto the underside of the enclosure, the center beam of the alloy feet sit on the bottom spine taking the load of the enclosure well. using contact adhesive and screwed in place once the glue sets hard they should sit strong...

[​IMG]

Now that the feet are fitted I have installed the Motherboard with the lcd sencors and XSPC waterblock.

[​IMG]

Heres a shot of the enclosure finally sitting on its feet and with something in it. also a good veiw of the lcd panel in place....

[​IMG]

12. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

hey shing, that's awesome man

i am really jealous from here cause i am still getting my pc case sorted this week, havent put it on yet cause i didnt have a case here in brazil.

I managed to find a TJ07 second but good hand and i managed to invert the mobo plate and other little tweaks here and there.

Case is going to be powder coated soon i hope, well....it depends on the prices but it seems much cheaper here in brazil to powder coat stuff and i also found out that 5 min drive away from here there is a guy with masses of cnc's and milling machines running non stop at his garage.

Hoping i will get my pc running again soon so i can continue with the sketchup madness, anyway i am starting my theoretic flight course this monday and it takes a month to complete, so i guess i am going to be eating books and exams for a month :S

I am really jealous in a good way of ur mod, its just perfect, cant wait to see it up and running soon. Hows the dvd enclosure doing? have u tested sound noises yet? if not try to get from someone at radio courses at uni the db noise tester and make a comparison if u can, i am sure it will be at least 15 - 20db less then it is as stock.

Real good, i am really happy its almost finished :)

In the meanwhile here i will be trying to get hold of acrylic manuf. and other stuff, quite harsh to get to know stuff in a new place man :S really frustrating! However not so bad cause the city i live here is very industrial, specially on the area of auto-motive manuf. from sowing machine and stuff, yesterday i saw that there is a massive foxcoon building not so far from here, like 20 min drive. But i dont know what they do there, if building case parts of electronic parts and chips, or even unibody apple cases? :O dunno yet but i got to go for a visit.

Take care man, all the best.

Denis :dremel:

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not bad at all..

You know, I was considering using an old Aluminum oscilloscope case as a 360 case once..

Too dirty and didn't have the time though.

14. The boy 4rm oz

Best Xbox360 EVER!!!

15. Shingart

SA 360 hardware instal part 1

Hi, back to the cd enclosure. I sprayed it white to match the exterior, using the original drive (which is very loud) so lined it with sound foam. fixing it on with tape here and there, it slid in tight. hopefully this should help with vibration also. It slides and locks in position around the center of the enclosure hiding the bottom half of the mobo.

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of the opposite side of the drive which holds the Hard drive.
    Now i can install the Rad and fans....

[​IMG]

Now its starting to take form. Some more angle shots!

[​IMG]

Now The tubes need to be fitted and last bits looked at for example faceplate for the cd drive tray,
    You can see in the pic below what I mean...

[​IMG]

16. ChArMz

ChArMz What's a Dremel?

looks like a beast very nice man, people here really go all out

17. The boy 4rm oz

Sweet work dude, I love this mod.

18. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

Absolutely. Dis is how to make a xbox 360 case.

19. Shingart

SA 360 hardware install part 2

Hi everyone! how goes it! Only 1 one thing to do now to finish off the hardware install. The pic below shows a closer look at the tubing I used - PrimoChill Coils helped when it came to the tighter bends. I must say that although I am happy with the dimentions of the case it was a bit fiddly when trying to push the tubing into the barbs. Am very pleased my measurements, they all came out spot on trough out the project, including the digital design stage & hardware fitting. As you can see theres still a little space in the enclosure. leaving space due to the fact that I learned alot doing this project, I want to have the available space in future for more hardware modding!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was crossing my fingers when I went for the powersupply unit. thankfully it turn on first time with no problems. I did double check all my soldering and cables connections so I was hoping for the best..... :D:clap: The fill cap sits on top of the pump/Reservoir, was very easy to fill with coolant. Its a xspc unit that pumps 500L per hour. its perfect for what I need cause its compact very quite and this unit has a short tubing so its got a fast cycle allready.
    the power button and eject button took along time to get right but both work great. sharp, tight click. might include 1 more led to better light the SA360 logo on the front.
    Not much to do at all now. finishing touches and I have to order black smoked transparent acrylic for the cover. the lit Reservoir and Led temp sensors should shine through well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for having a look! should take a week to order the acrylic and finish up. I am also gonna get it db checked. all let you know what the outcome is, :naughty: I know its a big improvement.

20. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Awesome work mate, top build :D :thumb:

Just had to send my 360 off to Microsoft because of the good old red ring of death and mines one of the newer ones that has the added GPU heatpipe to heatsink design!

[​IMG]