1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Shame to see Tribal go!
    Nice to see [enter new nick] arrive!
    I'm pretty sure everybody who followed your logs until now will continue. The quality was just too high not to. :)

Good luck with the company!

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Good luck with the company and everything you've planned! It's a bold step to make, but I hope it pays off for you. Also you MIGHT want to get a 24" screen for the desktop real estate.

3. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Ehhh two 22" widescreens are enough for me. I need to get a dual monitor stand so I can adjust the height of these things. A dual monitor stands cost as much as one of the monitors. LOL. Geez.

4. Teyber

Teyber ******

tribal

check out www.cnczone.com im sure youve stumbled across it already

do you think the table will be big enough to require nema 34 motors? if it can run off of nema 23 motors check out the "gecko 540" which is a bob/ 4 axis controller in one pre-wires and at a great price.

Cheers:rock:

edit: have you considered 4x4? it seems most steel/alu sheets come in 4'x something

5. THRASHER2

THRASHER2 Pimpin' Deals 24/7

I take it the vendors that you were dealing with wanted to much of the profits for your "GREAT DESIGNS"

MOD ON!

6. tribaloverkill

Hey guys. Teyber I've been to cnczone.com already. I will be using that site for help when I need it. As for what I will need for the router I do not know just yet. What I do know is the routers foot print will be ALOT bigger then the actual max x and y travel. I want it like this for sturdiness. So important to me. So I am thinking maybe a 3x3 or a 4x4. Most likely 3x3 seeing that most of the stuff I will be cutting out wont even be that big. The larger the router is the more chance to flexing. So i think 3x3 is perfect atleast for my first router. What I also know is that I want the x axis to have 2 lead screws. Reason being that it will prevent x axis twisting. I will either need to run two steppers, one for each lead screw or a belt or chain setup. I dont know about using belts because I am thinking that with enough use the two lead screws will fall out of sync with each other. The chain from what I know has some slack when you turn it from one direction to another. I know people use belts and I know people use chains. I have to read up on how each is used. Using two steppers seems like teh best way to go but what is one starts to slow down and die?!?! What if one turns slightly faster than the other?!?!You know what I mean? A lot of thing to take into consideration.

I recently purchased www.CVRIV.com. I did an business entity check for CVRIV and C.V.R.IV and nothing came up so I think I will just go with that as the name of my LLC. I have to go through all the forms and fill em out. So you will probably see me back as CVRIV or something of that nature.

I will be ordering the rest of my computer stuff at the end of this week. I should be assembling it by next week. I think I will start posting again when I start that. Not going to do anything special for this machine seeing that its just a work station but it's going to be nice though. I have to figureout where to put a BIX III on a CM Cosmos.

7. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

Tribal, you do know your kids have to be at least, like, 14 before you can teach them how to weld, right? I can just see your toddler running down the street welding the doors shut on the cars.

8. tribaloverkill

"Thats my boy!"

9. cvriv.charles

cvriv.charles I'll do it myself,...

Hey guys its tribal. This is my new online identity. I wont be posting under tribaloverkill anymore. Now,... I really like the name Liquid Evolution but I am thinking I have to ditch that name because well,... it would look very sloppy if I started posting under this new name. I know for sure that I do not want to post anything in this thread because tribaloverkill is over. So when the time comes for me to start with my work,... I will most likely create a new name for my watercooling stuff. Stay tuned.

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Keep the Liquid part since it's like your signature stuff. Maybe Liquid Imagination or something. Keep us posted. Oh and welcome to Bit-Tech.

john

11. cvriv.charles

cvriv.charles I'll do it myself,...

I like the word liquid too. So liquid something,... or somthing Liquid. Has to be spacey and futuristic sounding,... I'll think of something. I'm about to order the rest of my computer stuff. Can't wait to get this machine running. My oatmeal is ready. Yummy.

12. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

Hi cvriv.charles.....a welcome from me too......

About any mew name with Liquid ?? in or not......... I'm pretty sure that you'll come up with a new name that will do your work justice ...........

Alan

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Liquid Ver2.1?
    Liquid Glass revolution?
    Liquid RE-evolution?
    It's hard to come up with a word to go with liquid that doesn't sound wrong...

14. [+]EXEcuteER[+]

[+]EXEcuteER[+] Cracking up the Plex

last post here on january? where is tribal?

15. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

He has a new name, if you look it is pretty easy to find him again ;).

16. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

care to be more specific? :D

17. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Well I picked who it was but I don't know how many other people did so I will keep the secret, if Tribal wants to let you all know I am sure he will post in the thread. I haven't need him for a while though.

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

^He already did... on this page.

19. [+]EXEcuteER[+]

[+]EXEcuteER[+] Cracking up the Plex

what is his page?

20. Atheistmunk

Atheistmunk planing future mod

wow a total tread revival

post #1000! in the thread