1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Neptune's Trident: Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Boddaker, 31 Dec 2008.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Insane work Boddaker!

I am however curious as to how you managed to proxy the floor together without getting glue into the channels?

I always found it impossible to judge how much glue will move once clamps are applied. I usually have some annoying stream of glue coming out of the edges ruining life.

2. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Thanks Craig! Yeah these drives are awesome. I've been using them ever since the 737 case and never looked back.

Yeah, I haven't ventured into the Blu-ray arena yet. If I ever build a rig that has room for a full-size drive, I might pick one up. :D

Yes I did. As long as I can eject remotely through windows there's really no point in making provisions for it.

Thanks man!

Yep, they're out there, just a little pricey yet.

Thanks stonedsurd. :)

I did squish some of the glue into the channels, but managed to wipe most of it out when I glued the bottom and middle piece together. when I glued the top piece on, I was a bit more conservative with the glue around the channels so I got minimal squish-out. And the extra glue served to round the corners of the channels so I will probably get better flow out of it! lol

3. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I agree entirely. The worst thing happens when it comes time to replace the drive. Lack of standardization usually means all that work was wasted anyway.

4. HiRO

HiRO Humble Modder

im still infatuated with the GPU protectors

5. Boddaker

Some more cabling...

Here are all three SATA cables I strung up with white wires and L connectors.
    [​IMG]

I cut holes in the back cover, ran them through and plugged them in.
    [​IMG]

A close up shot. But I don't like how the cut wires show through the connector.
    [​IMG]

So I whipped up some quick covers for them...
    [​IMG]

and glued them on.
    [​IMG]

Ahhh, much better! :D
    [​IMG]

6. Jozo

Jozo This is bit-tech

For this update I have prepared! I tied my jaw.

Nice work man :thumb:

7. TheGovernator

TheGovernator What's a Dremel?

Nice solution!

Hovever, I've seen endpieces that fit onto the connector so pass-through wires don't show. Just thought that I'd throw that into the mix ;)

Link

Of course, I won't lecture a "superior" :D Just for info in case others consider the same.

End of side note. Initiate praise.

It's beginning to shape up, right? Seeing as all the small details are coming together - oh the anticipation! I predict many hospital bills for replaced jaws!

8. Boddaker

Lecturing is permitted in this thread, as long as it doesn't put me to sleep. :yawn:

But yeah, for those connectors I just scavenged off an old psu cable I had lying around. I saw those end cap ones after I strung up the cables, but then thought that I'd have to cover them anyways, or at least paint them to match.

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

damn man this is really starting to look good. just wondering whats with that one odd sata connector on your mobo? Will it fit with the GTX's equipped?

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

The power cables look great bod, you should so do the same with the SATA data cables.

11. Boddaker

Yeah, I'm kinda stumped as to what to do with those data cables. Since the distance between the drives and the mobo ports are so close, I was hoping to get by with really short cables and go straight across.
    I could run them behind as well, but I doubt there will be much room back there now with all the other cables (sata & 3 sets of gpu power cables). I will toy with some other configurations, like maybe bringing that top one down to meet the other two and bundle them together. I dunno. :confused:

12. Attila

Attila still thinking....

stonedsurd likes this.
  13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Nice idea! :thumb: Going to try it this evening on some spare cable to see if I don't make a hash of things. Give it a shot too, bod!

14. Boddaker

I just may do that. Thanks oldnewby! :D I may also swap the silver ones out for some uv blue cables while I'm at it.

15. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Plus if you do it that way, you can solder them on an angle so you don't have kinks or bends.

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i've always loved that guide, but i dont have a soldering tip small enough.

17. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I can see that I need to get out more often and cruise the projects. Just read the whole thread and I love all the original thinking and implementation that has gone into this project. :clap:

18. Boddaker

I went ahead and picked up some uv blue cables today. Got one 6" and two 10" cables, but will have to shorten them a bit. I will try it with a spare sata cable first to see if I can do it with what I have. I might need to get a smaller tip too.

Thanks Top Nurse!

19. HiRO

HiRO Humble Modder

just sick

20. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

that is awesome as usual, i was going to suggest the metku guide too, but i see that everyone beat me to it....,
    anyways thats some great work, i love the white cables! :thumb: