1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard announce WoW: Cataclysm

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

boiled_elephant likes this.
  2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

um... werewolf means wolfmen, there's no need for the "and" there...

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Actually, a werewolf is a lycanthropic and mythological creature which is a human most of the time except for those days around the full moon. A wolfman is a man that bears similarities to a wolf as default state.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

56% total incoming lol never thought it was so high

5. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

told! :D

6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

many people may say WoW is crap and lame, but personally I still love it. I don't really care that much for warcraft lore, I play the game for fun, so whatever content they invent, as long as its fun, I dont really care.
    The expansion does sound really good, and the new features, like guild leveling and guild talents really reward loyal members of guilds rather than the guild hoppers you tend to see.
    cross server dungeons look pretty cool, its like combining 20+ servers with 5-10k players on each server into 1 superserver.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This type of expansion has been long overdue - one which revamps the original content, rather than simply tacking bits onto it and making it increasingly redundant.

The revamping of classic lowbie dungeons and 60 raids into new endgame content (including a heroic retuned Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep) is especially delectable.

There's a degree of fanservice in the zone changes, as well - Wetlands and The Barrens are slated for some of the heaviest lava-flooding and reshaping, and are well-known for being hated by the majority of players who levelled in them :clap:

edit - oh, and the first user who hijacks this thread with tedious "omg wow is so crap!" sentiments is automatically my most hated person of the year - not because it's not allowed, to hate Warcraft, but just because it's such a worn, tired sentiment that stinks of sour grapes :)

8. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

omg wow is so crap! :D

It's going to be fun watching my cousin once his beloved quest guide macro extension thingy is useless and he actually has to do the quests himself.

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

omg wow is so crap! Lol you were asking for that :) anyway so basically what they're doing is creating wow 2 but making it an expansion? Might as well be because knowing blizzards expansion schedule it won't be out till this time next year or most likely 2011.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

It's mostly a ceremonial position, you won't have to do much for the next year :p
    Questhelper? Yes, we all developed a dependency on it in the end. It does kinda ruin the game. At first, you still quest out of enthusiasm, and use it purely for directions; but gradually, you stop paying attention, and it turns questing into precisely what Yahtzee accuses Warcraft of being - a second job :sigh:
    It's fun when some new content messes it up and the 11-year-olds who can't actually read run around like headless chickens, trying to find the objectives.

Also, they've finally gotten back to what RPGs are all about - dragons. Big ones. The last two nemeses are just extremely pissed-off, corrupted humanoids with big shiny swords:

[​IMG]

Now, however, we have...well...this.

[​IMG]

Good times are ahead :clap:

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

12 million? I thought WoW was down a lot due to publisher issues in China?

12. Marc5002

Marc5002 What's a Dremel?

I think that expansion would release next year around summer :p

13. Marc5002

Marc5002 What's a Dremel?

at last i hope so..

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

yay, big dragon!

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

12m? That's around 120m a month in subscriber fees if everybody's actively subscribed.
    Are you telling me they make 1.44 BILLION a year?!

With that much money they can get some more people to work on Diablo III to give it to me quicker!

16. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

Many years had passed, many expansions and yet what did WoW brought in term of graphic engine upgrade. Nada, zip, nil, same old same old. MMORP supposed to be immersive. There is nothing immersive about WoW. You guys all had been scammed.

17. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

I haven't played wow in over a year, but I find it hilarious, and this goes for any game, how people just judge a game by graphics. Immersion has more to it than just graphics.

18. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i have been so curious about playing wow, but i *know* it will become my second job, and the first one and my life is going to suffer for it. it is usually healtier for me that a game only lasts 10-20 hours for the first playtrough. that takes only one or two nights without sleep, so no harm done. but the first time going trough wow will absolutely ruin me. so no thanks. i'll choose to live.

19. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I never got those who used quest helper...doing it yourself is part of the fun.

Regardless I like WoW, the backstory etc and am glad to see Deathwing returning.

And once again to those who feel graphics need to be "zomg shiny" for it to be immersive, you are horribly wrong.

20. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

No, because the 12m is probably the number of people who have accounts active or INACTIVE, that being said I bet they make a very tidy sum at the end of every month

Tags: Add Tags