1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard in talks for Diablo 3 for consoles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rollo

rollo Modder

pc for life

due to mods

unless ms and sony allow them to run, Most of the mod people will still buy the pc version only. And from whats been said in hte past sony and ms dont want code that they didnt evaluate running on there consoles.

3. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hmmm dont know how I feel about this, would they have access to b.net the same as pc players? Not sure, either, how they're going to adapt the control system from a game that almost exclusively uses the mouse to a joypad. Either way no matter what happens, i'll still be buying it for the pc the day its released.

EDIT: Just a thought, but will the release day be pushed back abit further if this console deal goes though; due to devs being pulled away from coding the PC version?

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

/facepalm

5. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Of course pc. Though console would be nice for parking on the couch in front of the HD tv and playing with a friend of course.

Would be good if they could also integrate PC/Xbox cross-platform multiplayer

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

OH GOD NO! NO! NO! **** NO!

7. bowman

bowman Minimodder

NO, NO, NO, NO!

If this console bullshittery ends up delaying the game even more, and if they even so much as hint at thinking about crossplay, I'll go Postal in their offices myself.

If they do this - don't even start porting until the PC version is already on shelves. Better yet, outsource it like Valve did L4D for POS3 and then forget about it. The Blizzard team is needed for patches and awesome expansions.

8. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I am a PC only grognard, but the revenue that Blizzard gets from a console version will fuel development on both sides, therefore I approve.
    I also welcome the Grand Unified Battlenet, so that console clowns can realize that their PC masters are better at this and any other game.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

WTF is happening?? The world has gone to the DOGS!!!

In a serious note, if they do, for the love of god, keep up with the patching.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

not like we will see a release date before 2011 either way so nothing to really worry about. Most people reported game was bearly 20% complete at blizzcon

11. Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare What's a Dremel?

Blizzard + Consoles = Starcraft Ghost (aka EPIC FAIL). When it comes to Blizzard, they always want to uses the newest consoles and they take forever to create their games, the next generation of consoles will come out before they finish the games. Then the cycle repeats since Blizzard will try to port it to the new console leading to more delays. Bliz stick to what you know best.

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

13. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Well [PC]guys, It's been a very good run. Now that those who used to stand for us, now after laying out their intentions, stand against us, as hell has frozen over. Well, it's about time I give up gaming as year after year thing get less interesting and pool of games i need to play get smaller.

14. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I blame Microsoft and it's Crapbox 360.

15. theory8sf

theory8sf What's a Dremel?

This won't be the first time Blizzard made a game for the consoles. Remember Starcraft for the N64?

16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

this is a clear hint that Blizzard is prostituting itself....

I can Only hope i am wrong...

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sweet little hater-kiddo...

Diablo for the PS2 was quite a lot of fun to be honest but "walking" with the cursor keys or the stick will suck if they do it again.

18. ThompsonM88

ThompsonM88 What's a Dremel?

It was for PS1

19. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Great... lets dumb down the control system to work with a game controller in order to work on consoles. Anybody else think this is a bad idea?

No game controller will substitute for a fully functioning mouse and a keyboard of hotkeys.

20. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i love how i can predict what a thread will turn out like by just reading the title.

for the record, i'll still be buying it for pc, but i'm not bothered in the slightest it might be coming to consoles too -- i'm sure it'd only be those ones that would be "watered down" to become playable on a console. i'm quite pleased it's coming out on console too, if only to see peoples reactions over it ;)

Tags: Add Tags