1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Uncharted 2 would be impossible on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

So, some games developers say that the PS3 is impossible to code for and there is no future for it.
    Then a games producer owned by SONY says that the PS3 is the dogs danglies and the other consoles are useless.
    Sounds like a knee jerk counter attack.

But I, being a PS3 owner, am buying into it wholeheartedly.
    My PS3 doesn't suck after all. Yay!

3. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

meh
    pc ownes all

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

So according to Balestra this will be the pinical of PS3 technical gaming possibilities? Kind of pisses of Sony's claim that part of the PS3's 10-year life span is the fact people will still be unlocking new potential years from now.

Claiming the only reason Uncharted 2 is imposible on the 360 is down to Blu-Ray is a bit dumb. It wouldn't be hard to a) texture/movie compress or b) use multiple DVDs and a HDD install. Sounds very much like a pro-PS3 knee-jerk reaction following all the recent negative press.

5. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Because we all know how intricately familiar this long-time Naughty Dog developer is with developing on the the Xbox 360...

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Marketing spin, they will say the same when Uncharted 3 comes out, which will of course be another jump as they figure out how to eek more of the architecture.

The key thing to note I guess is that they are able to improve on what has gone before, which was quite impressive, meaning the hardware does have potential that many aren't tapping into, not many high profile sequels on the same console hardware provide much of a jump in anything be it gameplay or graphics, preferring to play safe and provide more of the same, from what I've read Naughty dog are tackling both, should be good.

What's also good is that they share their source code with other first/third party devs which bodes well for future games too.

7. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

10 year life span is a load of dogs testicles. Just think how far ahead the PC will be in 7 or so years time!

8. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Given that a few developers have recently said that the PS3 is both underpowered and hard to code for, I'm surprised this guy is saying that it'll run on the PS3 but not the Xbox.

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

For ****'s sake. I mean really. What a stupid claim. If he had said impossible in its present form, then he would have something. Just like Gears is impossible on the PS3, in its current form. It would not be impossible to make any console exclusive game on any other console. It would just require a few tweaks and changes here and there.

10. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

id said that the 360 was to put Rage on without an HDD and bluray, butt they worked around it. Saying that it would be impossible to make Uncharted 2 run seems a bit ludicrous.

11. dolphin-promotions

dolphin-promotions What's a Dremel?

12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The NV chip can be as powerful as they like but unless it goes in a locked down platform like a console you'll probably not be able to play anything but WoW on it due to publisher piracy concerns and the shift away from PC :lol:

13. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

it would be nice for them to do this on pc aswel but at least i have a ps3 so i can't complain

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't buy it, games on the PS3 that have their BDs filled just have lots of repeated data because the seek times are terrible.

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The graphical analysis on Digital Foundry (eurogamer.net) indicates it is a true generational leap in graphic quality.

The first game was great and the sequel is looking even better.

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

May I summarize?

Blah.

The End

It is impossible because they don't care about using a different approach for a pretty different architecture. Give them a bigger budget and more time and I bet they could make it work.

17. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Gotta agree.

It really is a visually impressive game. Though it could use some more intense AA. That's what bugs me about mots console games, so jagged.

18. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

They could have put it on multiple dvd's and then installed on the 360's harddrive. It's naughtydogs job to big up the ps3. Just like epic with the 360.

Still impressive that's it's apparently a 25gb game.

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

frankly i dont need this marketing bumph to get excited about this game, just watch a gameplay video it looks incredible.

20. chumbucket843

chumbucket843 What's a Dremel?

it is a solid fact hardware on the 360 is faster than the ps3 although not by a noticeable margin. anyone who is payed by sony to use those SPE's will say this.

Tags: Add Tags