1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Alien versus Predator interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 2 Sep 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. human_error

human_error What's a Dremel?

Damn, the more i read about this game the more i want it - PredAliens sound awesome, as does the realistic AI choices...

Good read, i just wish there could be more than just 18 players in a multiplayer - a MAG style AVP environment with 256 players would be god-like, but i guess we can save that for AVP 4.

3. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

This does look like a very good game, surprisingly a very good game of a movie - only time will tell whether the 18player limit will be a problem, considering that games like Battlefield and Counter Strike can handle 64players.

4. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

That thudding noise you can hear is the sound of my head being repeatedly beaten against the monitor screen.

"Press A to Win"

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Can't wait to get my hands on this, hopefully it plays as smooth as it looks and isn't rushed out unfinished in time for xmas.

6. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

I really cant wait for this game. Hopefully they'll leave out the "console" adjustments in the PC version.

In terms of multiplayer, we'll have to wait to and see considering games like battlefield 2 works well with 64 players, day of defeat works well with 32.. counter-strike doesn't, 24 max for me.. so it will all be based on map sizes etc.

7. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

Oh yes, can't wait for this to come out. Still remember those weekends at friends place, closed room just boxes from pizza everywhere and you couldn't see through cigarette smoke and we've been playing all that time AvP 2 and Colin Rally 2. Six guys, 2 predators, 2 marines and 2 aliens - loads and loads of fun.

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Bing it on, this game looks fantastic.

I still love the original AvP and maintain that I can't think of a more panic inducing sound in any game I've played than the shrieking of the Marine's motion detector as the first Alien starts sprinting towards you. Although the sound of the Necromorphs punching through a ventilation cover in Dead Space does run pretty close.

9. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

10. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

:jawdrop: I can't wait.

Looks awesome, sounds awesome, and four-player marine co-op should be a blast :thumb:

11. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

You know what, just for the fact they've gone with the AvP movies this now looks awful to me. I expect marines and aliens to be on a ship or a colony somewhere, I don't expect PredAlians or any other kind of hybrid or the dross from the AvP movies that has managed to just destroy what Alien and Predator were for me.

I'll wait and see but just the fact they've gone along with crap, money grabbing movies completely puts me off. I just hope the god the next Alien film puts the whole thing back on track.

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I watched a deomo from E3, and it looked terrible. The player was a Predator, and it just looked so boring. After you get over the initial awesomeness of grabbing a marine and shanking him with your blades, it got boring quickly. I'm quite surprised people think this looks so good. Am I missing something?

Don't get me wrong, the first AvP was one of my favourite games of all time (especially the Marine campaign), and while AvP2 was good, it was not even close to the first in awesomeness. I want nothing more than for this one to equal or surpass the first, but what I saw looked pretty medicore if I'm honest.

And no matter how many times I hear a developer say they are making it more "streamlined" or "intuitive" for the console audience, while keeping it traditional for the PC crowd, I know with 95% certainty it is dumbed down, and they just don't want to say that because it has negative conotations. Where as "intuitive" makes it sound like they have actually tried something new, rather than making the controls more basic, taking out hardcore features, and throwing in auto aim.

13. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Do remember that the PredAlien came from the games first. The liberties they took with it in the film were rediculous, so hopefully those stay out of it, but I have no problem with a Predator born Alien being in the game.

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Speaketh the truth. Aliens take on characteristics of the host animal, so a PredAlien is not only expected, but its absence in a game with Aliens and Predators would be stranger than its inclusion.

15. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I seem to rember the first came touched upon xeno..something or others... (not xenomorphs) that were essentially human experiments to cross aliens with technology...resulting in android/alien type thingies?

16. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

you know more doesn't neccessarily = better...in BF the more players u have the more it turns into free for all deathmatch! Anyways, i still await the final version of this. This is my most anticipated game for the next year or so. This and bioshock and rage :D

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

+1 to that, looking forward to this one!

18. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

The games came way before the movies. The movies were trash and do not even belong to share the same name as the game. I just want Marines, Predators and Aliens. How hard is that to make a film of? But instead they throw in love stories, Earth, and mess with the very mechanics of the Aliens.

Honestly, I am sure I could make a much better film myself. By better I mean truer to the games, but that's all an AvP film should be anyway.

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

"console audience". Those two words send a chill down my spine.

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

this will be legendary online. shame about the consolification

Tags: Add Tags