1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anyone else at Bit-Tech getting Aion?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mithyx, 31 Aug 2009.

1. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

From what I've seen online, it looks like the game has lots of promise. I put my pre-order in for the Collector's Edition a few days ago based on the videos I saw on their site.

So anyone else getting it? :D

2. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

I've had the Collectors Edition for awhile -- it's a shame you were so late in getting it as you missed all the closed beta events for those who bought the CE. Open beta launches soon though. But I can tell ya that his game made me completely forget about WoW -- so it's going to be good.

And comon' it's a MMORPG based on the Crytek engine from Crysis... WoW looks like Pac Man compared to Aion.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've got it on pre-order, closed beta's were impressive - open beta soon.

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

:geek:i demand linkage

5. GravitySmacked

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

should be good.. ncsoft has years of experience in mmo's with lineage

7. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forward to this game. I've cancelled WoW and CoH (not just for this game) and I can't wait to try the open beta on Sunday. I've seen tons of videos and it looks very promising. The UI looks well done and hopefully won't require much tweaking and the animations in this game are 20 times better than what I've seen in WoW. I'm going to try out Ranger or Sorceror. I've had enough of healing and playing secondary dps/buffer (Druid and Paladin).

8. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

QFT

I heard about exclusive access to the betas before I ordered it. Got in, signed up for an account, and found out that I'd missed the last closed beta by a day. I was aggrivated as hell.

I have everything set up to get on the game on Sunday, though, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm getting sick of this "Unable to connect to authorization server" crap :D

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I'm gonna give it a go at least as it does look pretty but I've not seen enough of gameplay to really make a judgement.
    I just want Tabula Rasa back. I loved that combat system.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

So is Aion a pay monthly subscription game or a one off payment (like Guild Wars)?

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I definitely wanna give the trial version a go, it'll probably convince me to give up WoW, which won't be difficult.

I'm guessing it'll be a sub game.

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

if anyone gets it and gets the guild wars emote serial key and doesn't want it could I have it please :)

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

When you do make your live account let's all try and pick the same server so we at least have someone to play with!

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Monthly I believe

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

BladeMrk, it will be an £8.99/mo sub. Apparently the Chinese version uses a purchase x hours play for x dollars system, kinda like PAYG phone tariffs really which would be nice to see over here tbh.

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

But everyone knows contract phones are cheaper :p

Oooo that would be awesome, sign up to an MMO for 18 months and get a free PC

17. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Anyone in the Open Beta yet?

Its been my first chance on trying the game but so far im fairly impressed. Having no issues connecting, authenticating, or with game guard. No lag issues aside from when the servers come back up after down time and everyone trys to log back in at once. No problems so far in game although ive only got 2 characters atm both sub 10 but should rectify that tonight/tomorrow.

The camera controls are my only issue, and sometimes when shift+clicking to loot my cursor goes invis which i found peculiar but sure that must just be control options.

All in all quite liking it, definately a breath of air compared to wow. Cant wait for the actual launch anyway!

18. GravitySmacked

I haven't had chance to fire it up yet, will have to have a bash tonight time allowing.

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I can't get the beta to download-torrent is fscked up and the rest of it is straight clogged.

20. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Just left it downloading off gamers hell over night, Was spiking between 150-400kbps on our line which is only 8mb.

Took most of the night to get the 9gb install file, but once its done only 15mb of patches to install.

Tags: