1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Bing vs. Google

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Sep 2009.

1. RobertBruce

RobertBruce What's a Dremel?

How could you have left off video search in Bing? It's amazing and google does nothing like it. And I love the scrolling images on bing. Having to use cooliris to get similar results in google is a pain as it asks to be opened on far too many other pages I frequent.

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Pg. 2

cars with orange pain jobs

There's no chance that I'll be switching from google until it someday closes.. I've been using it for just too long.

3. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

Gooooo000gle...
    Oh a cute name. From now I know what it means.
    But... Bing. What Bing??? A a dull name. It should be smth like Boooo0000ng!
    I ll google about it more:D

4. JJB

JJB What's a Dremel?

The author of this article does not know how to write. There are too many obvious grammatical errors to even think about copying and pasting into this comment. Does anyone even read these articles over before posting them here? Hell, even the article summary on the main page isn't well written. Starting off both of the first two sentences with "After"? Find a thesaurus.

His idea of humor is taking digs at people, who probably happen to be a large portion of this site's readership. According to this article, you are an idiot if you don't want the most popular smartphone, and I have never experienced good food as I've never been out of America (although the editor tried to save face on that one). Also, I'm sure Mark had nothing to do with this, but why does the graphic on the main page for this article look like it was made in 1997?

5. si-

si- What's a Dremel?

the best thing about bing

is its name, I'm just a sucker for recursive acronyms:

Bing Is Not Google

:D

On a slightly more serious note, unless Microsoft are going to pump billions and billions more into advertising and basically buy our search queries from Google, I really can't see bing getting close to parity with Google, because as someone else mentioned, Google is now a verb.

Take Xbox for example, MS have spent 25B+ to get to the point where they now can maybe start making a profit from all the loses they have taken, but they are going to need to be profitable for a very very long time to recoup their investment. Just ask Sony how easy it is to screw up in the console business.

In both cases (search and gaming) MS don't have the comfort of a monopoly like they do with Windows and Office.

6. OleJ

OleJ Me!

yeah those just suck not being able to filter out :D

7. Doomah

Doomah What's a Dremel?

8. giantegg

giantegg What's a Dremel?

I just love the way Bing links off to YouTube - A Google product.

Tags: Add Tags