1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Very low stock on the MSI boards..?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zero_UK, 8 Sep 2009.

1. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Can this be realistic, on ebuyer it currently states it has a stock level of 40 MSI GD80's and 40 and GD60's.

If thats what other suppliers are doing and that figure is exact... very little people are going to get a chance at the offer so to speak. Especially when a large sum of buyers are wanting just to make a profit on ebay... :miffed:

I think each supplier more so needs a reserve 200+ lol.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i think it's MSI's marketing strategy. in the end, only the very lucky is going to get a P55 cheaply (or for free :p )

3. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

What do you expect from an Intel driven marketing gag???

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

No stock and poor avaliability. :hip:

They really know how to love their ooooh so precious customers. :grr:

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I have a bloke working for company X calling me the second he is altering the prices to price X so I can go to where I want and purchase whatever it is thats reduced and sounds good. Hopefully I will have enough time in that window and hopefully I will have one cheaply :D

However, Im not even sure it is legal for any company to be listing them with a price before today. They are released today so you technically shouldnt be able to pre-order as pricing was never confirmed etc. The deal goes ahead at 2pm today to which I was on the understanding that everything went live today. Only a few companies have kept the motherboards off of the shelves etc where as most havnt and I believe they have doe this to get pre-order sales to cover all of the reduced sales so they dont lose any money.

Andy

6. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

theyre putting a lot into the advertising tho - have you seen bit tech homepage?

7. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Just got my MSI GD80 from Scan at the discounted price. Following that the GD80's price has gone back up to £180. I think I got lucky. The GD65's are still in stock at the discounted price.

8. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

How could you have just got your GD80 from Scan at the discounted price when it doesn't go live AT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE until 2pm! and you posted that at 12:44pm

9. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

because they changed their mind & put them up earlier (but later than CCL, OcUK)...

10. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

So does that mean all the discounted ones have gone then from Ebuyer, Scan, CCl and OCUK?

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Yes... only novatech left who will launch at 2pm!!

Andy

12. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Sh*t, doubt I'll get one now then :(

13. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Scan is now saying 'Promo stock sold out' for the GD80 and GD65.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2009
  14. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

afaik eBuyer haven't had their promo up yet.
    OcUK say that they will have some additional but very limited promo stock @2PM & SCAN are trying to see if they can get some extra as well.

15. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Gonna have to hit that F5 button like a m*therf*cker at 2pm then lol, still very much doubt I'll get one though

16. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

So some have already done their offer? thats a bit of a joke isn't it.

There should be efficient stock so where not all fighting over them..

Releasing the offer early has screwed a lot of people over.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Novatech then :p

Of course there was going to be limited stock - I wrote in the news post you lot had to get in quick. MSI will not want to sell many at 55% off because they lose about 40% on that. It's the same as any heavy discount offer.

At least it's not Ikea, which advertises a sofa for £50 and only has 3 of them in stock.

I do agree that releasing the offer early has screwed a few of you over, just complain the the companies that did it.

18. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Wouldn't do any good complaining, what's done is done, and let's face it complaining would get no one anywhere, once the boards are gone at that price no amount of complaining would make them magically come back :D

19. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Lol, Nope a guy from scan but shhhhh!! Nova may boot me from their forums if they find out.

I suppose people could complain but what would really happen from it? The retailers are hardly going to go.. "well we bought these in a full price so they are not covered by the promo but have one anyway..!" :eyebrow: If they did it would be an epic win by any standards.

Andy

20. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Ya say Scan just to keep people away from the boards at Nova so you can grab one ;) lol