1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Bit of a different dance shot...

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by NzC, 7 Sep 2009.

1. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

So a few weeks ago I had an afternoon off (boss gave us a wonderful surprise). So I did a bit of an impromptu photo shoot with some new lighting stuff I acquired. Specifically 5 MR16 striplights (continuous).

I think this is my favorite:

[​IMG]

Also though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Man, these are all wonderful. #1 is beautiful, and if I had to find something to criticize, I guess I might like the rim-light to hit the top of the raised hand. But that's a minor criticism to an otherwise awesome shot.

#2: Ouch.

#3 is good, but the overall composition (especially the dancers' poses) is not nearly as strong as #1.

-monkey

3. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Beautiful shots Really nice and love the back lights. Only thing I can spot is that there appears to be a dead bulb in the middle row of lights, and I be tempted to clone the light from the row above, puely because its in a prominant position.

4. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

Yeah I wish the hand could have stayed low enough to have the rim light as well. It was a challenge to keep the poses in the light--especially since both dancers are very tall. I considered spacing the lights farther apart, but they just looked perfect as is that I was afraid to mess with it. Especially considering how long it took to get them setup.

5. edz

edz What's a Dremel?

Nice use of lighting. Dodgy bulb could be cloned over easily. Might be nicer to darken the male's clothing slightly as well as it distracts a bit from the poses.

6. jacquelin

jacquelin Banned

How do you start choreographing your own dance routines? I've been dancing about 5 years, and the one thing I haven't had experience on (personally) is choreographing a routine. I have done small bars of music (16-24 beats) but nothing more and now I've committed myself to prepare a routine, I'm not sure where to start.

Last edited: 29 Sep 2009