1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bummed by an E-Tailer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Technically I didn't cancel it, they told me they had to cancel the motherboard and memory in order for me to get the CPU and Case or they said they would have had to refund the whole order, so I had no choice but to say o.k.

Will have to see if they get back to me regarding this, or if Bindi has heard anything himself from ebuyer on his twitter page :D

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's the weekend, give them until next week.

3. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Unfortunately you agreed for the order to be cancelled. There isn't anything you can do about it now.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Well guess what............. Yup i got the email :sigh:

Now bearing in mind that they have taken payment for the board i replied using there crappy enote system

Ill see what they say about that ive also saved a copy of their T&Cs just incase they decide to change it.

5. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I can understand why you lot are not happy about this, but i cant see them doing other promo :(

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They might not do another promo, but they do have to honour the goods they've taken payment for. It's a serious oversight on their part and a failing in their order system not allowing them to review special orders before payment.

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Good luck with this mate. Stand your ground with them.

8. 13eightyfour

ill keep you all posted, I cant see how they cant honour the sale tbh, The board was in stock, hence confirmation and delivery date, they took payment for it.

I havent breached any of there terms but they have and im not going quietly :thumb:

9. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

They're trying to do this to me too, allocated an order and took my payment and everything.

10. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Strange,

They told me that it had been discontinued and it WOULDN'T be coming back into stock, funny how they now say it is!

B*stards that they are! :eyebrow:

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I just got that e-mail too :(

Are you sure they've taken the funds from you account? Because they don't normally do that until just before they ship your order, and should say so in your order status (they also send you an e-mail saying they have charged your account as well IIRC).

The key point there is cleared funds. If they haven't actually taken the money out of your account then you don't have a case as there is no contract between you and the retailer.

Anyway, now to decide whether to go ahead with the 1156 upgrade or switch to 1366 :confused:

12. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Yeah, I checked - moneys definitely gone off to Ebuyer.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2009
  13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hmm, I just checked on my bank account and it's not gone out of there.

Let us know what they say anyway, but I would think that they'll have a get out clause somewhere for situations like this to get them off the hook.

14. 13eightyfour

I just double checked to make sure i wasnt seeing things and
    [​IMG]

Id say yes they have got my money

15. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I'd say yes, now I know how much you have got.

Good luck with your fight.

16. 13eightyfour

fixed knew id forget to cover something :duh:

17. G_Man_007

G_Man_007 What's a Dremel?

Perhaps with this knowledge that they have lied and 'coerced' you into agreeing to cancelling the contract, knowing that they would have more supplies coming, you could have a case against them after all, but that's just a laymans supposition. I'd probably challenge it.

18. viking88

viking88 What's a Dremel?

It's all colour of law give it up you will only be more out of pocket.
    Only person here with any chance is titanium angel as they (ebuyer) took cleared funds before welching on his order.Keep at them and when the new stock comes in next week say you want one of those boards at the price you already paid for they will give some colour of law argument saying it is not a promotional item no longer even thou it is same item you ordered.
    Keep your cool keep on the same talking pont don,t be distracted and keep repeating you do not want to cancel, you want one of the boards that are due next week for the money they have already accepted and taken from your bank.
    It will cost more money to file small claims etc and going to trading standards is waste of time.
    This sort of thing has happened to me loads of times I just move on as it is just a further waste of your time and effort to try to do anything about their bad biz practice.
    What really bugs me is yours and mine money goes out immediately et a refund from them ie your money back to you takes anything from up to 4 days to one week one online retailer even waits 4 weeks to refund.I stopped buying from them never went back.
    I buy most of my PC parts from Germany, postal price is the same as Royal Mail inland UK prices, sometimes it,s a little cheaper from Germany in to UK (go figure) and as it's within euro zone no customs rip off! like when ordering from USA which I VERY rarely do as shipping price is astronomical.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2009
  19. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Wrong!

I would have had a chance if they hadn't co-erced me into cancelling that part of the order as they also took my money aka cleared funds as well.

And check out the forum, more members are now being f*cked by ebuyer, but they also have a case against ebuyer.

20. psychoti

psychoti What's a Dremel?

i ordered my GD80 at 8 Sep, 09, 11:25am from overclockersUK ..it wasnt 85 pounds as it was at other e-sellers i,i paid 100+10 for next day delivery ..i received an email the next day saying that there was a huge demand about this board but i will receive mine soon! i called them today 15 sep to ask why i haved received anything yet and they said that i will receive mine ***soon***..AGAIN!
    this is just to annoying...:grr: