1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows First look - PES 10 vs FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ou7blaze, 7 Sep 2009.

1. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

For some reason the youtube videos don't want to load so here are the 2 links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojMxgAk9Q90&feature=fvst
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ispqyM5jvOA

I'm personally a PES fan and have been following the series on the PC playing with a keyboard. With the inclusion of 360 dribbing in FIFA and better graphics and presentation again I'm really starting to lose patience with PES.

I think FIFA is definitely level with PES now unless you're looking at the FIFA (PC version) which doesn't count.

So, what does everyone think?

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

3. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Opinions from anyone?

Anyone find out when the demos will be released for either game?

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

There are demos of Fifa 10 availale on Xbox live and PSN. No demos of PES10

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Played the FIFA10 demo on 360 a couple of times and I like it, the 360 dribbling and harder finishing will take a bit of getting used to but it feels good. Perhaps a touch unresponsive but hopefully that'll be sorted before the release.

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Is the PC version of fifa 'next gen' this time?

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'm a long time PES player but haven't bought a footy title since pes2008 on PS3 which played well but had some performance issues, downloaded the FIFA10 Demo last night and found it quite enjoyable, I could pick this up if pes is lame again.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Good one.

Played Fifa 09 religiously on the 360, now switched to 10 and lovin' it.
    Tried PES 9 both on PC and 360 and was disappointed, haven't had the chance to play 10 yet.

The changes they made to Fifa this year amaze me. They didn't change too much but they made the game slower, worked on their animations, made passing a tad faster and shooting slightly harder. Everything else didn't change too much but improved ever so slightly.

Well done, EA. :thumb:

9. add1t

add1t What's a Dremel?

I always the biggest fan of PES
    this trailer looks pretty decent
    can't wait to pre order this:rock::rock:

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

So is it or not? :hehe:

Last time the pc version wasnt next gen like the fifa they put out on the 360 and ps3 :duh:

11. perplekks45

It won't be for quite some time. EA say that the average CPU doesn't have enough power and/or cores to deal with the AI engine + graphics engine.

I'm just glad I have my 360 because Fifa on it is faaaaar superior to the PC version.

12. itdoesntmatter

itdoesntmatter What's a Dremel?

I switch, used to be Fifa, then PES, now Fifa.
    Liked the demo, seems fun, hopefully some of the issues will be ironed out in the final version.

big ask for PES to improve enough to challenge.

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I don't think that's entirely true. We live in the age of duo core processors, which leads me to believe that want more people to buy the 360 and play it on there since there are too many pirates on the PC version.

14. perplekks45

I didn't say it's true, did I? ;)
    EA says that the average PC is too weak. I was one of the most active members on their Fifa boards back in 06 and 07 and after 07 had been released [and 08 and 09 again] we poked every moderator/admin we could find to get answers as to why EA decided to postpone next-gen engine transfer to PC AGAIN.
    And all we got was that crappy statement about PCs not being up to the task.

15. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

played both demos

and as i expected Fifa was much better, but PES wasnt as bad as i thought it might be

16. perplekks45

Is there a PES 10 demo for 360?

17. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

PES doesn't suck this year so i didn't bother downloading FIFA demo, lmao @ "pc's are not powerful enough" great excuse for shitty graphics.

18. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

there is, you need a gold subscription though

you are missing out ;)

19. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

yes i'm missing out on a lazy console port with "last gen" graphics, last 3 pes games were worse than fifa, pes 2010 however is good(only reason i won't try fifa) , + i like to edit players stats/create teams/players something not possible with fifa.

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I've been playing both demos today and I doubt I'll be buying either of them. One thing I will say is that I wish they would allow you to play longer games, as 5 minutes isn't really enough to get a good feel for the game; 10 minutes would be more reasonable.

If I had to choose though, I'd probably go for PES. I haven't played a Fifa game in a while and although it does some things better (the passing and tackling systems, for instance), PES just flows better, so feels more natural and is more fun to play.

PES is generally graphically superior (something I don't really care about in football games), however, my main issue with it is that the game engine and AI doesn't feel any different. All the same little issues that bugged me with the previous two games are still there, so it just seems it's been given a new coat of paint and shoved out the door, which few changes under the bonnet. I'm not willing to pay for a game that I feel I've already played before, just because it has a new skin.

On the plus side, I'm glad they've got rid of that cheesy J-pop crap, but then I don't like the new menu interface (far too much pink for a manly game).