1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] Goliath - COMPLETED 19/09/09

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sni9er, 16 Apr 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I want hex mesh :(

Grill's looking great.

2. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

thankyou tb4rmoz, don't fear and stonedsurd !!

the system currently boots ! the water blocks all work well im running Windows 7 Currently, it rocks !

3. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

hot damn man, that is pure excellence in design and manufacturing. I really love the asymmetry of the grill design, just great. :thumb:

4. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

thank you very much SNiiPE !

this was my first step in designing/fabricating my own things so I can one day scratch build, when I get handy with a bending brake LOL, i also have a friend who is just about to complete his CNC bed so might be closer to fabrication than I think lol

5. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

I really do love that grill! Great work!

6. badje

badje boni

Wow got to say that radgrill is very nice.

7. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

thanks badje and craigbru

ime very hapy withe the outcome the design certainly evolved from v1 which was just the T and the circle but im happy with the direction it has taken !! i look forward to designing more grills in the future !

8. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

[​IMG]

Part 9

In the End

Well its been a long long journey a couple months in design and a whole lot more in development

but today i can finally take a sigh of relief as Goliath is now Completed, although there will forever be little parts i want to add or tweak to me the main body of work is now completed, and i want to share with you my final shots, i don't have a fancy studio or high power lighting, ive got a point and click cam and a tripod with limited options, so maybe this entry wont change the world or fly me up as a notorious modding great but i think its been a step in the right direct, from mistakes made to lessons learned it all has formed how well i think Goliath has finished ! so now i'll share with you my Highlights shots and perhaps my next project will become even greater !

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have to say receiving this grill was the highlight of my year, as it really is the focal point of my design, 30 redraws and having been lost a total of 3 times by postage companies .. i wont say who *cough* ROYAL MAIL*Cough* and being lost by anodizes, to receive it 6months after i first put pen to paper was such an amazing feeling, here is something that i designed in the flesh in beautiful personally brushed aluminum Maybe im going a bit over the top but i really meant a lot to me !

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sum of its parts .. after months of choosing the right components that looked the part as well as did the job wasn't easy, in the development process i lost a fan controller .. lesson learned and 2 graphics cards.. but its all fun and games LOL but now everything is working as intended and I'm happily sitting on my new RIG as my main machine with Windows 7 i couldn't be happier !

[​IMG][​IMG]

I' guess i had to expose myself at some point, so here i am a very happy chappy with my finished rig !

I'm exited for what the future holds who knows what will get the mod treatment next !!

Thank you all for your great support !!!

I WILL BE BACK

Love and Metal

Luke

The boy 4rm oz and smc8788 like this.
  9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Just excellent![​IMG]

Don't change anything. The color is right, the parts placement is right, the attention to details is right, and the pictures are good too.

Well done.

john

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Kudos to you dude on a great build!

Was at Download as well this year. In fact, it was my first ever festival and I think I started it on a high note. DevilDriver, Slipknot and of course Faith No More were the highlights for me. Trivium did a good set too. Second time I have seen them (saw them at Brixton supporting Machine Head in '07)

From the fan controller to the braiding (about to dabble in that myself) and the gorgeous rad grill, a great build. :rock:

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

A very nice end result, really looks the part, an awesome build. The colours go very well together and the lighting isn't over the top, a very nice end result. +rep

12. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

thank you guys :) very happy with the end result ! :)

13. Saltire

Saltire What's a Dremel?

Very very nice m8.

Love the grill :thumb:

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

You're right about one thing - that grill is PURE awesomesauce! :clap:

15. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

great mod man!

Trivium rock too. I see some guitar cases too, got any 7s? :)

16. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

i have a dean razorback (6string) two-tone (black/silver) with dimbuckers, and i have a Washburn stealth (Matts First Euro Tour Guitar)

Also thanks all !, very happy to have it done :), fingers crossed Custom PC are watching ! :p

Love and Metal

Luke

17. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

An Update !

A big thank you to bill :brrr:! (MNPC tech) who has offered to feature my Rig in is case mod blog !!, links to follow soon :)

Love and metal

Luke

18. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

today i am happy .. that is all !!1 lol

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thats awesome metal brother!!! Keep on rockin' buddy!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

20. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor