1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster fooked up my case window nicely.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Gretzky, 14 Nov 2002.

1. Gretzky

Gretzky What's a Dremel?

Sorry for no pics but lemme explain alittle hehe

Well today a handyman came to my apartment to fix my ac so i asked him if he has any tools to cut metal and he said YA.

Long story short i got him to cut my window, i was expecting a little tool like a dremel but he used a huge saw the size of my leg and omg the window is so unstraight. He cut a 8x10 hole. I got mad but didnt say anything since i knew the guy for so long.

So now i need to buy 11x11 window kit and buy a dremel i guess hehehe.

2. inder

inder Mr.Modtown

lol, at least the bulk of the cut is done - just needs a little tidying up :D

3. Deymos

Deymos What's a Dremel?

It's like buying a pre-modded case: u'll never get sadisfied:D

4. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

sod using saws etc, I havnt got the guts to start drilling or cutting into things I have just spent my money on, Il just by a Pre-Mod!

:D

5. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Yeah I was the same way about my window b4 I did it. I thought I was just gonna get a premade window kit. Until I started measuring and cutting that is. :D:D:D:D:D:D Just take a dremel and clean up the cut a bit and you should be fine. PublicNME, thats the whole fun of modding. Just be careful and measure 3-4 times and cut once. Good luck!!!

6. BMCreider

BMCreider What's a Dremel?

Then why are you here? Pre modders only need a credit card and SOMETIMES a phillips screwdriver, not advice on soldering, cutting, inverters, etc...

7. SileNceR

SileNceR What's a Dremel?

I got a sheet metal worker where dad works (a plumbing place, dad's a draftsman) to cut out an aopen kf45a case side to fit my modded window (moulding based) - job took 5 seconds, he did it with snips since it was only about half a mm thick, edge was perfectly along my pencilled line, and he even deburred it with some emry paper or whatever its called :)

i've got some pics of it with the window in i'll see if I can find them and get back to you...

8. SileNceR

SileNceR What's a Dremel?

found em

[​IMG]
    before

[​IMG]
    after.

9. Deymos

Deymos What's a Dremel?

:eeek:

I think this is an important lesson:
    experience = good job

/me goes to buy a sheet of metal and a pair of snips

:D

10. Fry

Fry What's a Dremel?

my uncle used to be a sheet metal worker, and for you to be able to cut more than 2 inches you need offset snips or the bolt will hit the metal, i reccomment getting 2 pairs of offset, one right one left and a reg pair for clean up. worked great for me just... my design sucked. i have literally... a square as big as will fit. any bigger and i wouldnt be able to squeeze the side on. but now since i started my ne job and am loaded im gonna buy a new mobo/cpu and case. definitely not premodded... just. cool looking and with potential.

edit: but hey it was my first mod other than a blow hole. the snips work good for blowholes too, just take a dremel sanding bit and sand it perfect. thats also something else that pissed me off. my case is alu. and i have a perfect roof blowhole bt i messed up the side and know of nowhere to get one for this case. i dont even know the model or brand of the case its from a barebone i got. o well.

-Fry

11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

lmfao, so right

12. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

Why did you even let some strange AC repair guy near your case in the first place? Sorry man but thats pretty stupid to me :eyebrow:

13. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

should of asked the guy to install ducking coming off the AC that you can rout right onto your CPU, or better yet, what a friend of mine in Edmonton does, in minus 20-30 degres celcuis he routs cold air from outside right to his CPU for his overclocking needs, and he needs not to be concerned about power cause he is in university dorms :D

14. frag_daddy_2007

frag_daddy_2007 What's a Dremel?

i think pre-mods are for wimps, if i want something done i just tell my dad to bust out the power tools :D

15. TMM

TMM Modder

or just steal your dads power tools when hes not home, like me :D

16. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

SileNceR: Is that a mutated turtle infront of your Pc?

17. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

OH man, thats pretty funny, sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but I could picture him going nuts on your side panel with a hacksaw! :hehe:

18. Xion_fire

Xion_fire What's a Dremel?

Hey tmm nice machine look at my pro i got a nice one too.

19. Draxin

Draxin Seeker of Photons

what did you just say!?!?! i think i need to use the "report bad post to mod" button.

shouldnt that deserv some kind of warning or suspension or something. admitting to premeditated purchasing of a pre mod. oh the horror

20. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

I say best thing about a pre mod is it just a jump start on your own modding i like to do the work myself but lazyness and lack of time hender my modding. if the window isn't straight make so it like a abstract art thing put it to you advantage