1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Choose me a monitor please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SJH, 20 Sep 2009.

1. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Right, so I've spent the last three days trying to find a suitable monitor but to be honest feel a bit lost...

Basically what I'm after is a pair of 22" widescreen TFT monitors, preferably with a glossy screen and not a matte one (hoping that's the right technical term...) and as thin a bezel as possible. I'm not after anything fancy like USB hubs or speakers. FWIW, I do quite a lot of Photoshop design, DVD watching and of course good old-fashioned internet browsing.

I'm hoping to pay £130 maximum for each screen but if there's something really good for a bit more I may be persuaded to fork out the extra for them.

Any suggestions or input will be much appreciated :)

2. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

3. Jambo72

Jambo72 Playstuff.net

If you are looking for a cheap TN panel, then Samsung or BenQ are usually a good bet. In Custom PC issue 72 (2 months ago), they thoroughly recommended the BenQ G2220HD

For your budget that is what I would recommend. If you wanted any better (ie. ISP Panel) you would have to pay more in the region of £200 e.g. Dell 2209WA which is a cracking monitor.

4. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Thanks for the input guys! mjm25, I'm sorry but that Viewsonic monitor was just too damn ugly. I wouldn't want one of those on my desk let alone two! ;)

Jambo72, I pretty much fell in love with that Dell monitor so I've ordered one off eBay (£195 with free next-day delivery), and I'll hold off until after payday next month before I buy a second one. Excited now!

5. Jambo72

Jambo72 Playstuff.net

Just glad I could help. I am getting that monitor myself and it has had some excellent reviews!!!