1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official Bit-Tech F1 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 18 Nov 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Them quitting doesn't necessarily indicate guilt, mind.
    Even them pleading no contest doesn't
    it just means that they don't want to take the possible repercussions. If my estimation is right (and it probably isn't as i have been proven wrong more than often enough), this would be a war full fo circumstantial BS.
    For the good of the team and for the sake of a quick and hopefully less painful resolution, Flav and Pat left, ING Renault goes "Ok... fine...".
    Watch them appeal immediately if the FIA decides they are banned... take back their no-contest, and shoot back trying to break Piquet family.

I see the Flav/at move as more of a Ron Dennis move.

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Well I don't know what the hell's going on with Formula 1 these days and all this match fixing business. The Mclaren "spy-gate" scandal and now this Renault match fixing, it's quite distracting.

I'm finding it hard to continue watching Formula 1, i'll never stop watching the first sport I took a liking to but this and the average races are changing my thoughts on this sport pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure there's much more race fixing going on than we know, my guess is it probably has something to do with in team betting. At the end of the day money makes the world go round.

Whatever happens I just hope Button doesn't lose his potential title.

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I would seriously doubt renault would get banned as what would the implications be for formula renault? They should get a serious fine though.

Would this be considered a worse offence than the McLaren spying affair?

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Could they not just ban Briatore and Symonds if they were the ones responsible?

5. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

It should be as crashing intentionally puts people at risk of injury, spying doesn't.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

From the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8261004.stm

Eddie is off his ****ing rocker. Cheating is cheating and it makes ANY sport no longer a sport. What was left of F1 as a sport however, considering we know Ferrari are paid off more than others to stay in F1 etc

7. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78682

and a clever driver would not purposely cause a crash in order to bring out the safety car. The guy is an absolute joke :duh:

8. RTT

RTT #parp

Alonso knew about all of this too. Well it wouldn't surprise me, anyway.

9. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Thats what you get for race FIXING

What if you had a bet on a different driver to win and the race was fixed and you lost money??? I wonder if people can get cash back from bookies.

Edit, Piquet gets off becuase of his imunity for helping the investigation, Pat gets 5 year ban and Flavio gets a life time bad.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2009
  11. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

They got waht they desirve IMO.

Will they be changeing the results from that race? or would the be no point.
    Will they come back after the 2 years im not sure I would.

12. GreatOldOne

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Flavio is banned indefinatley including his dirvers, which puts Mark Webber in the s**t because flavio manages him.

Now Mark has to find a way out of his contract to distance himself from Flavio.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Webber and Hamilton.

Part of me thinks this is also Bernie and Mosley getting their own back a little on Flav's FOTA antics and wanting Max's place on the council.

Woooow. Good strong result for the sport tbh.

15. GreatOldOne

The drivers are not being banned:

(My emphasis)

So the drivers under his managment are not being banned - they just need to leave his management team so that they can renew their supelicense when it expires.

Since when has Lewis been managed by Flav? He's with his Dad....

I know Flav manages Mark Webber, Fernando Alonso - who else?

16. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I think Heikki Kovalainens under his management aswell

17. GreatOldOne

I really don't think that the punishment handed to the team goes far enough.

It is tantamount to slapping their wrists. Because you plead guilty (which is what Renault basically did by not contesting the allegations), should the punishment be any less?

A fine in the same order as McLarens spygate punishment plus points deducted would have been more fitting IMHO.

It'd be interesting to see how much Renault have "given" the FIA saftey programme, and wether the protestations of Renault engine customers (who where scared of Renault been kicked out altogether, leaving them up **** creak without a piston) swayed the council.

18. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

I think that harsher action should have been taken against the teams. As GOO said, the same punishment as the McLaren's would have been in order, as well as the suspended ban.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like a pretty decent result to me. There should've been some points docked I s'pose, but it sounds like the right people (except for Piquet) got what they deserved.

Having said that, Piquet won't get a seat at any respectable racing team in the world now - after playing the key part in a dangerous and ridiculous thing like this.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I am happy with this result.
    The punishment on Flav is merciless, like it should be. Dunno what Symmonds said or did to the FIA to get away lighter (or the ways in which the FIA deems him responsible)... but i think the deal sounds fair.
    Renault still racing is good news.
    As for new management teams for Hamilton and Webber - they're good drivers. I'm sure anyone would take them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.