1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Ahahahaahahaha - Death to Hypocrites

Discussion in 'General' started by Voluntary_Pariah, 26 Sep 2009.

1. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Lily Allan has finally shut down her Pirated-Material filled blog down due to the large volume of "justified criticism".

Thoughts? Views? Volunteers to join a lynch mod

2. sentek

sentek What's a Dremel?

3. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...en-declares-quitting-music-career-acting.html

lol she quit over this?
    Even the daily mail readers aren't supportive :p

From the comments on torrent freak it seemed no one was abusive to her (bet there were some though) and they were just disagreeing with her. Yes, piracy is wrong, but her argument about new artists not being able to break through?

1: its even easier to break through now with places like myspace and if you get popular on the internet you could potentially get a much bigger audience for your music much faster, lily herself got into music this way i believe.

2: if you wanted to break into music that easily you'd play in bars and such on nights and weekends, and work in a job that pays during the week, just because you're an up and coming musician doesn't mean you have to make 100% of your income from it from day one.

Also the arguement about artists not being able to tour? I would have thought if people downloaded there music, they liked it, so they'd be more likely to go to the tour and from what i hear from some of the bands i like (few years ago now mind) was that they make more money from touring than from albums. (yes there is the argument that if they didn't pay for the music why would they pay for the tour, but piracy figures don't work like "every download is a lost potential sale" as most people know, just because it got pirated doesn't mean it wasn't bought by the same person not long after, and the other type of pirate without the internet wouldn't have gone near the cd store for the same music, unless said pirate could somehow get it free)

Pretty much what i got out of this was that lily is spoilt ***** who runs away and crys in the corner just because her "fans" won't back her up on her blog, and although i liked some of her music (shock :O) i won't miss her one bit.

Also this is not me wading into the piracy debate *hides*

Last edited: 27 Sep 2009
  4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I vote that the piracy debate should not be brought up in this thread, just before anyone tries!

However - it's amusing how Allen cannot take responsibility for the angle of the argument that she started, what a coward.

Gobby little pikey as far as I'm concerned, with no appreciation of the working man.

She went to school in my town, and while I never met her, everyone I know that did, came away feeling like she had very little respect for anyone or anything.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

No more Lily Allen.... thank god for that! Insipid, whining little tart! Can't stand the woman, and all this just highlights what I already thought: A bit thick, and only got her foot in the door of the music industry because of her dad.

Good riddance.... I'll never have to listen to her whining, stupid accent riddled CRAP vocals every again.

6. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

I agree with julianmartin. There are more piracy threads than there are days in the week so please go there for comments.

this is just a rant line about a talentless money grabber (imo :p)

7. tin can

tin can What's a Dremel?

8. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

that video is ace. :blush:

9. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

You know what this is?

Publicity. And every single one of you fell for it

10. Slaughter

Slaughter What's a Dremel?

I actually didnt really knew the artist but I'm stuck in the 90's :p... BUT I learned the story from that very video that was posted above, I learned her name read two headlines in her blog, and left it there. The artist of the song above just won my 5E for his CD... and I bought it after listening his downloadable version...

Thats being practical!

11. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Has her new album just not been selling well? I know Michel Jackson blamed racism when his latest crap album came out and nobody bought it.

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Internet: 1, "Celebrity": 0

Yay