1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Let's See your guitars :D

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedLegion, 5 Sep 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Im pretty sure EVERYONE makes a guitar that looks far nicer than that :p

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You'd have to be mad to buy that tbh.

See?

If you want a Gib, buy one. If you want a strat, buy that.

3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

anyone that buys an axe without playing it for at least an hour is a fool.

4. ModMonkey

ModMonkey Size 11 Carbon footprint

Doh :wallbash: must have forgotten the old sarcasm tag!

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Finally got round to taking some shots of mine:

[​IMG][​IMG]

On the left is my Schecter Black Hawk, my first guitar and I still love it. The right is my Peavey Predator Plus 7-string which I upgraded with a Dimarzio Blaze 7 in the neck and a Tone Zone 7 in the bridge. Bargain at under £80 in total :D

6. Krikkit

I'm a fool!
    Sorry, heh. :p

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Close as I could get to fool

8. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

I have a Cort Accoustic. I have only just started to learn though. Boy it is hard!!

9. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Stick at it, its an incredibly rewarding hobby at every level and there are plenty of transferable skills you can pick up too from electronics to woodworking to music theory.

Ive just bought my first uke! It's about 1/6th the size of my Stingray and about 1/5th the weight but I'm loving it. :rock:

Edit: size -> weight.

10. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

Thanks but finding it very hard to move from Chord to Chord!!!! Let alone getting the chords right in the first place!! lol

11. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yeah chords are like that. You will find one day it will just happen.

I find that in both drums and guitar (including bass) things seem to plateau out. You will seem to be at the same level for ages, then BAM things fall into place and it happens again. At least for me anyway.

But to more pressing matters. I still haven't found a guitar I like for a reasonable price.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

As am I, didn't even play either of mine before I bought them but I still love my Washburn.

13. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Me three! Well, I got my boyfriend at the time to test out the bass, but we tested out a white one they had inside and I bought the black one in the window. That allowed me to claim lots of free things like a case and strings because of the "sun damage" that hadn't really happened :D

14. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

Do you guys think that, as i am a complete beginner at the guitar, i should get some proper lessons?

15. Krikkit

That would depend on how serious you are about learning it imo - I learnt as a hobby, and I have no intention of ever playing for someone. I never bothered with lessons and simply learnt by playing songs I knew.

I have no doubt my technique is pretty sloppy, and I'm not good enough to play live to anyone, but I enjoy it, so that's enough for me. If you ever want to be more than a casual player I'd get some lessons tbh.

16. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

I don't think they're necessary at for learning music theory or anything as all of that stuff is available free on the internet.

You will want someone to show you correct technique, fretting posture, pick strokes etc though. Guitar is a very quick to RSI or muscle tendon damage if you don't do it right. IME the best person to do this is a guitar teacher.

Keep at it, its a hell of a laugh. I just got sent a three year old halloween picture yesterday actually.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Sep 2009
  17. Matticus

Matticus ...

If you have the cash then yes, if you are only getting them because you think you should be having them but don't necessarily have the money then go into a music shop and get them to recommend a book. Don't buy that book, go to another few shops and see if they recommend it as well :thumb:

In the mean time http://www.justinguitar.com/ This guy is awesome. Loads of videos and decent right ups on theory.

18. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

Yea, already on Justinguitar website. Getting finger / hand position is important as i don't think i am doing that right. I will book a couple of lessons through my local guitar shop.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I had 4 years of lessons - classical lessons. In retrospective, they don't seem to have taught me all that much, but then - i am sure they sorted out my hand positions, etc. so yeah.
    Just with lessons the key is to actually sit don for about an hour every day and practise... otherwise they're worthless.

20. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

Awesome guitars guys, i'll follow up with some pictures of mine in a bit.