1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision didn't want Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Oct 2009.

1. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Its sad it took them this long when other games have had better mechanics, ai for years.

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

Really? Like I said, I only played CoD5 (or WaW, whatever you wanna call it) and can recall a level with trenches and a flamethrower. Those damn baddies kept respawning and assuming the exact same position as the last guys.
    I know CoD5 wasn't an IW game, but even some of my mates say that it happened in other CoD games.

It's just a crappy method of AI programming and is there to force you to push forward through the level. I don't want to push forward! I wanna stop, have a cup of tea and backtrack through the level looking at the pretty textures!

3. Marc5002

Marc5002 What's a Dremel?

Well MW2 Is Said to Look Easier In critic the IA / Veteran Difficultiy as enemy die just Easier and less IA but that just what i keep heard in System war and all those forum's And Lot of peopel like Modern warfare on console since you have Aim Assist which said to make the game unrealistic compare to PC version which is having to be claim Zero Auto aim / Aim Assit of any sort

SO I guess MW 2 WIll Look Much better on pc then console and on top of that it will probabely require more skill to play then on console portal but if id play MW2 On my PC rathern then console id sure piss of 20 of my Friend i ad since Xbox Live Exist :p

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

If it wasn't for the fact that CoD2 was the game where they introduced respawning enemies I would agree with you.

5. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

6. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

If you wear a tie to work or have an MBA you should not have any control or say in ANYTHING that goes on in the PC Gaming Universe.
    Suits have screwed up entire dev companies (many of them no longer with us now) and are working hard to make PC games and console games one.

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I played the mw demo when it was first released, i went through it twice and didn't like it, then uninstalled it. Was surprised when it was a massive hit, i also noticed how the enemies just seemed to keep respawning, which i think was what bored me.

8. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

Battlefield 2 was released on 2005 and sold a hell lot of copies... A lot of people still play it nowadays

9. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

who got MW for the single player mode any way lol.
    who cares what MW 2 single player is like, as long as the on line game is as good or better than MW.
    And who buys games on a platform just becouse there freinds will, lol.
    get a life , grow up and get it on the platform you want it on, for what ever reason you want.
    But not becouse my freinds will. be a leader not a sheep.

10. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

Erm, I got MW for it's single player. And I know a hell of a lot of others who did too. The call of duty series has always been primarily about their single player campaigns. Anyone who hasn't played mw single player is an utter idiot. It's hand down the best, most polished game I'd played that year.

11. Dragunover

Dragunover What's a Dremel?

"who got MW for the single player mode any way lol.
    who cares what MW 2 single player is like, as long as the on line game is as good or better than MW.
    And who buys games on a platform just becouse there freinds will, lol.
    get a life , grow up and get it on the platform you want it on, for what ever reason you want.
    But not becouse my freinds will. be a leader not a sheep."
    I will for the SP and MP, aswell as my "friends". I also get the games I think personally are good.

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Err someone who likes to play with their friends instead of a bunch of complete strangers?:duh:

"Be a leader not a sheep"? Not everyone has multiple platforms mate, so the ones who have the choice should adapt to the rest of the group. Or do you think all your friends would invest in another platform to play with you? Because i don't know what your friends are like, but i for one most definitely wouldn't get another platform for you if you're not willing to get the game on a specific platform for me.

I'd advise you to do the same if getting a game on your preferred platform is really more important to you than your friends are.

On a second thought, i'm not even sure if you have any friends at all if you act like this. In that case, yeah, get it for whatever platform you want.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2009
  13. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

the single player was over for me in around 4 Hr's , little or no replay value.
    though it was good while it lasted , if it was not for the online game it may well have been the death of MW let alone COD
    as it was just to short even for an expansion pack realy.
    who needs friends any way :)
    it would be very low on my reasons for buying a game on a platform is all I am saying.

14. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I'm bored of the whole "modern combat" theme. I play games to escape reality and not feel like I just joined the army. I want to explore different periods in time or fantasy worlds. So I'm not interested in COD MW2. I still haven't played COD MW 1. Everytime I try I get bored and move on to something else.

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

activision screwed up wolfenstein.

don't listen to activision. anyone.

Tags: Add Tags