1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Adapters for a SSD to fit in a 5.25" slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BorgmanJayce, 8 Oct 2009.

1. BorgmanJayce

BorgmanJayce What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if there are any adapters for SSD's that would allow it to fit into a 5.25" drive as I'm looking at using one of the 5.25" slots on a HTPC case for a SSD drive for Windows 7 to be installed on it plus various software with the other 5.25" slot being used for a BD-Drive and the 3.5" drive slots being used for SATA Drives.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't think so. But you could buy a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, and then mount that in a 3.5 to 5.25 adapter.

3. BorgmanJayce

I knew there were 2.5" to 3.5" inch adapters but I didn't think it was possible to fit it within a 3.5" to 5.25" adapter?

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't see why not. After all, the purpose of a 3.5 adapter is to be like a 3.5 drive. And since 5.25 adapters are designed to take 3.5 drives, it should be just fine.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yep, and you don't need to worry about excess vibration because it's an SSD, so you can buy pretty much any adapters you like.

6. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

7. BorgmanJayce

It looks pretty cool [if you'll pardon the pun!] and definitely sounds like what I need! :)

8. Nodule

Nodule What's a Dremel?

Crucial do a little kit for their drives which gives you a load of adapters for 3.5", 5.25", external and even a bag. One note though - the 5.25" adapter basically has the SSD stick out the front in a hot-swapabble way.

simonw likes this.
  9. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

Wow, that's really quite nice, considering you get an 2.5" external enclosure, plus an internal drive bay, all for £21.84.