1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Modern Warfare 2 - New GT TV Exclusives

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by oatey4519, 9 Oct 2009.

1. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Only bad gamers are good at TF2 :worried: That vid actually persuaded me to preorder, looks to be more of an update than i was expecting.

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The deagle on hardcore is the equivalent of a lazer pistol although the recoil is horrendous so sometimes a quick double tap from an M9 works pretty well. I never really use the Colt myself due to the low clip size but the onel that annoys me is the USP since it's such a good balance of ammo and stopping power it just never hits anything.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The deagle has recoil? Never noticed it myself. The only weapons in COD that kick themselves around are the LMGs without the grip attachment.

It may LOOK like they have recoil but if you look closer it's just an animation that looks like muzzle climb and is distracting but doesn't actually affect where you shoot

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Silenced Skorpion in HC was glitched like that, no recoil what so ever even though the sights moved slightly.

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Doesn't the Skorpion have no recoil anyway?

(Ironic since it's such a small gun)

6. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

Can't wait for this game! I want it now :p

7. iSniper

iSniper The Philosophical Gamer

I'm pretty sceptical about Modern Warfare 2. On one hand, it looks like a great game, nice sharp graphics, good detail, lots of nice effects such as the amount of debris that can occur during a fire-fight. The weapons, perks, abilities and all that look great, really, I think the game itself is looking fantastic.

But my views fall short when it comes to Infinity Wards handing of things, and their network arrangements. I own the PS3 version of CoD4, and one thing that has always been a major problem is the network connections. Now, my Internet isn't great - because of the rural area I live in - I only get low speeds and quite horrible ping, but games like Killzone 2 I never have any connection problems with, but with CoD4 it's another, miserable story. Matchmaking problems, disconnects, bad in-game connection, and not to mention P2P hosting, which means your game rests entirely on the shoulders of one of the players, so if they leave, the game ends, and the host migration they implemented never worked. And all the people I know who play the game on the PS3 all share these problems.

I'm not a 'fanboy', far from it. I respect that the Xbox 360 is a good console, but I do love my PS3, and I think that Infinity Ward are way too geared towards the 360 side. There hasn't been any PS3 gameplay shown in the trailers, it's all been running on Xbox hardware, and all IW's resources seem to be devoted to the 360 version, while the other versions seem to take a back seat. Fair enough, CoD4 ran as smooth as butter in game-terms, but the way the network was set up for it was appalling. And I fear it may be the same with MW2.

Of course there is the PC version, with the ability to have custom and private servers, but I still don't see IW's ignorance towards anything other then the Xbox as very fair. They do say, "We're in touch with our fans", but it seems like only one slice of the fans that they are actually concerned about.