1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World at War DLC has made $70 million

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Oct 2009.

1. TESCO-Zsömle

TESCO-Zsömle What's a Dremel?

No one can force PC players for buyin' anithin' just because piracy. But they can try to force PC players to being Console players.

You know... Want to play this game? Console Exclussive! Want to play that?? Console Exclusive. And you can choose of pay or nothin'...

You can bet! We al can! They want our money, and they find the way to get is. Legal robbery...

That's how things works in Economic Slavery.

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

The last console I owned was a Atari 2600. That was the best console of all time. Ok I did not owned or played with any other afterwards. but who gives a **** anyway. I will never ever be assimilated by the console collective... unless they pay me for it.

3. yazooo

yazooo What's a Dremel?

What irks me is the fact that they are probably working on the DLC as we speak...probably content that is ready to go, but they decide to cut out, and charge extra for it at a later date!

Check out Op Flashpoint 2, they are releasing DLC already cheeky buggers! Must have had it waiting - unbelievable!

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Greetings,

Having spent time with game developers, the last thing most of them want is to cheat their players. Most devs want to put in comprehensive content that would almost put them out of business. The problem comes in when they are not the publisher/distributor and a bunch of corporate suits who know nothing about gaming get into the mix.

Having said that, these guys needs to get paid, so expect to see (and you already are seeing) MMOs and episodic content (HL2 anyone?) becoming more and more popular. I have no problem paying a small monthly fee or a reasonable amount for content. The fees are usually exceedingly small (15 euros a month for an mmo and less for add-ons).

If this helps keep quality high and bugs low, I am all for it, some people here want everything bug free the first time. If that era ever existed it is over, and frankly I have played very few games that were without bugs of some sort on launch day.

Yours in Reasonable Fees Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Half life 2s episodes are alot more than a map pack, I got both for £2 on steam,

unlesss the multiplayer is excellent or it's an mmo most games run outta content long before dlc is avail

Warcraft 3 is the only game I can think of that i still play since release

user community maps,

6. quake1-rules

quake1-rules What's a Dremel?

I think it all boils down to a few key points that the consumer is concerned.

1) is it a good deal?
    2) do we feel like we are being coerced?
    3) are features deliberately cut from games in the process? (like dedicated servers and modding)

If the answers to those are 1) no 2) yes and 3) yes then you are going to get a very angry consumer. PC gamers are more aware of game features like dedicated servers and modding abilities. We can see a scam farther away than the typical younger console gamer.

If you respect us, we'll buy your DLC in droves. Don't strong arm us. Don't eliminate features from PC games in order to do that.

Tags: Add Tags