1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mismatched cards fix?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 26 Oct 2009.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11972
    "A new Nvidia Core_14 (v1.26) has been posted. This build includes a fix that addresses problems people were having on multi-GPU systems with mismatched cards; see viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11307 for details. Note that this does not include any checkpointing changes (as included in Core_11 v1.31). This should solve the problems people have had running FAH core 14 with mismatched cards - both mismatched shader counts and mismatched card generations should work now."

2. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

Phew

I was just about to spend some more cash as my plans for a GTS250 / 8800GT rig were in tatters after reading about mis-matched cards still not working with the latest nVIDIA drivers!

This look encouraging, although just to be 100% sure, this is not an nVIDIA driver but an update to the F@H system itself?

Cheers

3. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

"To update an existing folding system, you can stop the client, delete FahCore_14.exe and restart the client. The new version will be downloaded the next time a core 14 WU needs to be processed"

I don't have FahCore_14.exe, all I have under Task Manager is 4 x FahCore_a1.exe which I assume is SMP client, and 1 x FahCore_11.exe which is the GPU client?

Mystified ...

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

FahCore_11.exe and FahCore_14.exe are both cores for the GPU2 client mate :) Different projects use different cores.

By the way this is awesome news! Anyone that has gotten this to work please post your resuts and experience with it. I'm going to pull the 9800GT out of my single card machine and try it with my GTS250!

5. traeloch

traeloch What's a Dremel?

Hi, I just tried this.

Replaced FahCore_11.exe with the latest version - 1.31

http://www.stanford.edu/~friedrim/FahCore_11.exe

Got my GTX 280 & 8800 GTS working together in the same mobo, xp-64, 191.07 nVidia drivers.

Make sure you make the change between WU's or you might loose the WU data like I did.

6. Frank_Kehoe

Frank_Kehoe Folder

Just got this working with a GTX 275 and a GSO 9600. :clap: