1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Down...

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by broadcaststorm, 25 Oct 2009.

1. broadcaststorm

broadcaststorm Folding for 35947!

Well, the time has come where I'm getting r*ped on electricity charges, so I'm having to run 2 of my 3 dual GPU rigs at night time only.
    It would be very sporting of you all if you could do the same so I don't feel so bad about it ;)
    Oh well, maybe the kit might last a bit longer.

Keep on Folding!

Dan

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Reduce reuse recycle. It's surprising how aware of wasted energy you become when you participate in the folding at home project. That's if you pay the bills of course. I have become almost obsessed with making sure that the only things that are switched on in our house are the things that are being used. Smartmeter says NO to wasted energy ;)

3. ThunderBob

ThunderBob What's a Dremel?

Sad to hear. Although in the end the electricity monster gets everyone :sigh:

4. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

:clap:
    Yep it's rather sadd that cost are so high nowerdays I only have 2 gpu's and 4 Notfreds running now still hitting around 17-20k ish every few days or so ....

5. broadcaststorm

broadcaststorm Folding for 35947!

I always thought electricity was cheap until the (I hate this phrase) "credit crunch" hit, oh well, let the good times roll round again!
    Hopefully I'll be able to convince a few friends to host some small rigs if I ever get the cash together.
    I've a friend who is a data center manager, I'm working on getting him onside!

6. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

Might have to relegate the 24/7 rig at home to day time use only .... but hope to ramp up the rig(s) at work to compensate to some degree ....

Bloody rip off electricity companies :miffed:

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Peeps in England seriously have it better than us here in NI or those down south. We don't get to choose electricity tarriffs, it's just a certain price and there's nothing you can do about it.