1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fairer Sex

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by HoistaWheelie, 24 Oct 2009.

1. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

So the wife cannot see why this folding malarky is so addictive :duh: , although fully appreciates the benefits to medical science, which made me wonder what proportion of folders out there are of the female persuasion ....

Just curious :cooldude:

2. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

My wife is exactly the same.

I have to say though that when I explain why I need all the p.c's to anyone I usually get a very vacant and blank look which kind of says 'I'm going now, a long way away and won't be back, nice knowing you'.......

:D

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Perhaps I'm unusually lucky, but both my wife and mother are supportive of folding - the former even more so now that the weather has turned for the worst - the farm helps to keep the house warm :)

4. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

mine was the same till the bad weather started and mine too are keeping the rooms warm

5. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

No female hormone's here, but i get the same "god your are more interested in that dam pc" comments from her :eyebrow:

6. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

she tells me that the comps are my mistress

7. saspro

saspro IT monkey

As long as it's not cluttering up the house the wife doesn't mind.
    She's even started getting used to Linux (using my main PC for bigadv's whilst half my farm is down), keeps the house warm as well.

8. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Mine keeps turning mine off when I go out :-(

9. ThunderBob

ThunderBob What's a Dremel?

Mines not bad. Doesnt mind the folding.

Just gets annoyed when i sneak a WinGPU and WinSMP onto her machine....

Wait till she gets a VMWare notfred on there :D

10. cdb

cdb No comment

Mine keeps turning my PS3 off. Hopefully when I build a new pc she might not notice it as much.

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

use windows task scheduler for the GPU

12. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

well ive just been away for the weekend with the wife and kids and she questioned why i had taken the psp for the first time. "so i can play games" i said,urrr not!!! it was so i could check my stats :D :thumb: of course its less obtrusive than a laptop.
    regarding the folding,i must admit that the wife never complains,even when new hardware turns up,her comment is usually "what you bought now?" and she knows that pc's are my passion and i fold for a good cause,although she didnt spot the 2 box's that where here when we got back yesterday afternoon,a couple of copies of win7 and a radeon 5870 :D :D
    of course theres the occasional "its warm in here" regarding my comp room.

cheers spunky

13. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

Guess Santa has been a bit early on his rounds this year, you've obviously been a good boy up to now!

I was sorely tempted by the 5870/Win7 as a pure gaming rig but decided to wait and see what the boys in green were going to combat it with, hopefully some news before Xmas.......

14. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

well ive decided that ive neglected my gaming sessions for a long time now with the obsession that is folding,so ive come to the decision that one of my i7 rigs is to stop folding (unless the gpu3/radeon client comes to fruition) and catch up on a bit of gaming over the winter months and theres also the little temptation of 5870 crossfire thats bobbling around in my head at the mo :D
    cheers spunky