1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Modern Warfare 2 has third-person view

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

children go YAY

retardds

2. Kenny79

Kenny79 I own a Dremel!

What the f*** are these guys smoking now !

Are they trying to seeing how bad a game they can make or what?

one word FAIL

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I don't see the problem? You don't have to use it.
    Obviously it wont have taken long to input this feature as most games have it hidden anyway.

4. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Since it's an extra option don't see the point why people complain. Also the no-dendicated servers "law", is understandable to be honest.
    It will stop pirated copies to be used on dendicated servers that allow them.

I'm going to buy it, if it has MP playability, lasting as long as the BF2 did. Or else BF1942 when comes out next year :(

5. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

already half been said but...
    FIRST person shooter

clue's in the name guys lol.

the irony is the sales were climbing again on amazon after the whole dedi servers fiasco.

6. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

sorry for double post but wanted to quote this.

games like BF2 last as long as they do because of the modding community.

no dedi servers means no mods......

7. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Cool maybe I will run a server for this game after all, oh wait I can not!

I hear in MW2 you can play the first 4th person FPS! You will play in first person of a player playing a 3rd person first person shooter! That is so many persons that it is more like FIVE! In fact in the DLC expansion (89.99$) you can even play in third person second person third person in the first person shooter. It like watching a person watching a person playing a person all in the wondrous first person environment.

Interloper likes this.
  8. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

This is like reading a textbook titled "How to sink a successful game franchise, in 10 idiotic steps that only an MBA would think is a good idea!"

9. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Time to add a fully hacker explotable questionable feature, but not servers..? F A I L

lol @ the Metallica quote. It probably quite true.

10. Stormwulf

Stormwulf A mod to far?

The only "Awesome" thing i see about this game now is the Awesome failure to release something their customers actually want!!

11. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

I'd just like to call him ZERO from now on because thats probably his IQ.

12. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

People complain because they have nothing better to do. Ok we get it your not going to buy the game. I play it on the Xbox360 so really i have no problem with any thing IW has done.

Oh and to all those saying the game will fail. Sure in the pc market, but guess what it will be great in the console market. Oh and when that happens they will STOP MAKING IT FOR THE PC. So to all those out there that are B*tching, "Fail to you" as your bringing the PC genre to an end. Good Job Team. Maybe next time you will learn that all your Cries are just forcing companies to move away from the PC market becuase they dont want to deal with all the little girls that comprise it.

My opinions so hate them love them WHO CARES. I sure dont.

13. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

If pc gamming ever stops , console develpment will slow to a near stop as there won't be and thing to play catch up with, GFX card manufactures will cease to develop fro any one and the world will end
    carfull what you wish for, you might just get it. :)
    there can be only one

14. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Hey im a PC gamer to but im also someone who can foresee what happening. In a business since if you have 2 markets and one is ever complaining and hard to deal with, while the other is willing to spend money out of a whimm, then which would you go for. This fanatical pc gamers who always complain hurt there own cases. Console market is much better then it use to. Companies are focusing more money there now than ever. If PC gamers act like they are now with MW2 then companies will abandon them.

You are correct HRP that it might slow for awhile but it will pick up. Entertainment is funny that way, the money will always be there to be spent. Whether on the PC or the console. With the way people are acting in regards to this game i would put my money on Consoles dominating.

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I think the point isn't necessarily that this is a bad thing, it's just that it's completely unnecessary.

The Portable Computer isn't a genre, genius.

And if IW no longer supports the PC platform then it wouldn't be because we're complaining, it would be because they weren't making enough money from it (and even that's relative - what they don't consider 'enough' is more than a lot of developers could ever dream of).

So yeah, I'll keep my PC thanks, and it would be no skin off my nose if I don't ever play another CoD game on it, because I'd rather give my money to developers who deserve it.

16. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

I think a 3rd person view is a good addition if it can be turned on and off as much as we like. Just like the original Operation Flashpoint...

17. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

If the games suck and we are not going to play them then is there really a point to even making them for the PC and for that matter do we lose anything.... not really.

18. Stormwulf

Stormwulf A mod to far?

Fair play its your opinion and i respect it, but the point is without pc development console games will stagnate as will the platforms themselves but consoe gamers will be forced to pay ludicrous sums of money for poor quality games and lack of platform development whilst still dealing with constant hardware failures and lacklustre responses from the people responsible.

Does this sound like a happy future to you? All gamers should stick together irrespective of platform to make sure none of us get a raw deal.

19. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

People say that they can afford to lose PC gamers as customers because they have the console gamers....But what happens when the console gamers develop a gaming memory?

"Hey guys! Have you heard?! IW aren't releasing MW4 with Dedicated support for Xbox 900!"

**** always comes full circle.

20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Hopefully this COD is the blip that NFS:Undercover was.

Tags: Add Tags