1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Diorama - a Photoshop Project - WIP

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Gunsmith, 29 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

with Hologram being well recieved I thought it was time to start another project :clap:

this time something more daring, hologram was quite a simple piece where the real challange lay in the use of transparancies, this one; the challange is detail.

now then, raise your hands if you remember this gem from our past

I do, well I did, and i used what i remembered when learning how to use 3ds max, i vaguely recalled what the ship looked like and spent 3 months designing it from the shape i remembered and making it up as i went along, however since a head crash the file has become corrupt and its screwed. :( however all is not lost cause we're gonna have some fun with it as I still remember the design.

Im going to make a diorama of the ship being built in the hanger, sitting on its catapult several techs are busy going about checking out various ship's systems whilst the lead pilot is calibrating his monitors, our second pilot who has already calibrated her weapons systems, brings out some refreshments for the fatigued crew.

first up, the ship. this is still a very rough image, I gotta fix a load of things before I can move onto the crew and pilots.

[​IMG]

im pretty fatigued myself atm, need to rip up and redo all the floor of the hanger, damn thing is off by miles. once ive got the ship finished and on the tablet, i'll overlay a fresh piece of paper ontop and sketch in the crew and pilots.

if you thought hologram was good, just you wait :thumb:

Last edited: 30 Oct 2009
  2. Deact

Deact What's a Dremel?

Very impressive! You call that a rough drawing when I'll hazard that may people including ymself would call that a finished piece! Looking forward to the overlays and it all coming together:thumb:

3. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

After watching the whole process and development of hologram as soon as I saw this I knew it would be another great piece of work. Even as just a Rough sketch this looks amazing. Its work like this that makes me really work on my sketching and strive to improve. Looking forward to the work and thanks for the inspiration to be doing better.

Chris

4. pullmyfoot

pullmyfoot superbacon

I saw your hologram one. I have no doubt that this will be no less than spectacular.

5. SykoC

SykoC No really, what is a Dremel??

Can't wait to see this one take shape!

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i got a lot of mess to sort out atm (finances and lack of work being the main ones) so this is kinda on hte back burner atm, i hav'nt touched it since the original post. :grr:

7. October

October Mariachi Style

Watched the whole hologram project, only reason I didn't buy one is cos my housemate did. Can I pre-order this one? :thumb: :D

8. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Tough shite mate. Your work is really neat though, so keep it up once everythings sorted out!

9. October

October Mariachi Style

....tumbleweed........ :waah:

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i havent forgotten about it, managed to find space in my life atm so i'll pick it up again next week.

theres so much work going into this its just silly.

11. October

October Mariachi Style

Yay! Definite pre-order :thumb: