1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Razer Lycosa windows buttons not working :(

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Rozzy, 29 Oct 2009.

1. Rozzy

Rozzy I'll get there :P

Hi,

I recently changed operating systems from the windows 7 RC to windows 7 pro. For all the time that I used the RC I had no problems but after a couple of days with my new 7 install I tried to switch programs with windows+tab and it wouldnt work.
    I had a quick check through the settings to make sure that aero was on. Everything was still okay and I finally worked out that it was the windows key on my keyboard that isn't working. There's a new driver on the Razer website for windows 7 so I downloaded that and let it do its work. Still my windows key wont work. Theres a 'gaming mode' that the keyboard has that disables the windows keys but I've pressed the windows button and the razer logo which should turn the windows keys back on but still I cant get the keys to work. :(

Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to try fix them??

Thank you in advance

Ross

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

When you say the windows key isn't working, I take it that means when you press it by itself it doesn't bring up the Start Menu? Also, WindowsKey + Tab? tried Alt + Tab?

Other than that...uninstall the drivers, unplug / plug in the keyboard, reinstall the drivers.

3. Rozzy

No, it doesn't work at all, when you press it on its own the start menu doesn't come up and when pressed with other keys it does nothing either :( i have to use Alt + tab now, that works, but it isn't as pretty :p

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and unplugging and replugging, I tried them again after reading your post but still nothing. I also tried downloading new drivers but still nothing, rolling back to the old drivers I still have the same problem.

Thanks for the advice though Akava.

Ross

4. Akava

Akava Lurking...

No worries, sorry I couldn't be more help.

5. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

It's a feature built into the keyboard so you dont press it accidently whilst gaming, if you press the razer logo in the top right hand corner next to the media keys and hold the windows button at the same time it'll re-activate it again. Hope this helps.

6. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

He has tried that.

I have a lycosa and about 4 months ago it stoped working the back light worked but the keys didnt (all of them) and num lock was always of (i have it on all the time) after reinsatlling the drivers sevrel time and rebooting and trying difrent usb ports it finally worked again however i dont know how a fixed it. Anyway the next day it happend again the back light switched of untill i restarted my pc. any way i fixed it again still not knowing how. This went on for abuot 2 weeks untill i finaly reformatted and now it works fine.

The only other thing that seemed to help was not useing the usb port on the back of the keybored.

Sorry i cant be of more help.

7. Rozzy

Sorry for the slow reply,

But yeah as tennisball said Ive tried holding down the razer icon and the windows button. Thanks for the advice though tennisball... I tried unplugging reinstalling drivers again today just to try again and lo and behold it works :p

Thank you everybody

8. Rozzy

Sorry for the slow reply,

But yeah as tennisball said Ive tried holding down the razer icon and the windows button. Thanks for the advice though tennisball... I tried unplugging reinstalling drivers again today just to try again and lo and behold it works :p

Thank you everybody

9. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Good to hear.

10. DRG197

DRG197 What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to say thank you so much. Worked for me, was worried i spent 100+$ for garbage.

11. Fal

Fal What's a Dremel?

I have to say thanks also. It's just a shame that I can't see the letters on my WASD CTRL and ALT keys anymore due to excessive use, and this board seems to collect dust like nothing I've seen! Looks filthy and tacky when they look so gorgeous from birth :(

I kind of forgot the funky features in this keyboard, one of which being the feature that has left me less efficient as I couldn't WIN+D back to desktop. I can see the use in FPS though..

Anyway, thanks again lad.

12. spartus4

spartus4 What's a Dremel?

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much. I've been looking for a solution to this for sometime now. I thought I was going to have to get a different keyboard.:D

13. michealhasanalias

michealhasanalias What's a Dremel?

I registered just to bump this thread from 2 years ago to say THANK YOU! I've had this problem for about a week, ran the windows fix, tried other things... and then I pressed the logo and windows key, instantly fixed :duh:

thank you so much!!!!

14. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Heh already answered. Guess it's kind of a retarded feature huh?

15. Syth

Syth What's a Dremel?

Really sorry that I'm bringing this post up but I had to say a HUGE thank you to Xonar, I've had this problem for over 2 months and this is the only place where I found out this info, still no idea how I activated it and why anyone would need it but thank you.

16. urbanriot

urbanriot What's a Dremel?

Also sorry to necro an ancient post but I spent a half hour screwing around and diagnosing my problem, driver reinstalls, etc., and then decided to change my googling to include 'razer lycosa' in my 'windows key not working' and that lead to this thread which aided me in resolving my problem. Perhaps necro'ing it will ensure it doesn't fade away into oblivion for all of the other people who google this issue.

What a stupid function and thank you Xonar, for knowing I'd have this problem 2 years ago and sending your message... to the future!

17. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Wow, just happened across this thread again whilst looking for a fix for a software issue. Glad I posted that fix here in the first place, glad I managed to help the OP at the time let alone several lycosa owners more than 3 years or so into the future. :lol: