1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling "ASUS Rampage II GENE" Chipset waterblock?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PyROZen, 1 Nov 2009.

1. PyROZen

PyROZen What's a Dremel?

I've started assembling the parts for my new build, and im using the ASUS Rampage II GENE as my mobo. I want to go fullwater coolin for this rig(first-timer) and i'm trying to find a good chipset cooler. I've found a few for the fullsized Rampage version of this board, but i can't find any info on if they will fit the mATX version i have chosen. Any help is apperciated.

Also, what waterblocks do you prefer for i7s? I've found a ton of them, but many people comment that ambient temps are higher, while full-load temps drop. I this a reality, or did these people just improperly install their waterblocks.

Thanks guys,
    Lee

2. PyROZen

PyROZen What's a Dremel?

anyone?

I've found that the nb/sb combo blocks won't fit because the ram slots are to close to the PCIE slots, and there isn't enough room for it to passthrough. I've found one universal NB waterblock, but i'd like to have the SB and MOSFETs watercooled as well. I'm already spending a ton of cash, so i might as well go big.

Lee

3. Andersen1337

Andersen1337 What's a Dremel?

4. PyROZen

PyROZen What's a Dremel?

thank you very much, this is exactly what i was looking for! Don't know how i never ran into it while searching, i've been scouring the net for weeks!

lee

5. Andersen1337

Andersen1337 What's a Dremel?

Hehe, no problem ;). Things aren't so easy to find when you don't really know where to look.