1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Buy Modern Warfare 2 or not?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Solidus, 3 Nov 2009.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

So I have to ask...

I never particularly got into Cod 4..I had it on the PC, played it a bit and then sold it.

Cod modern warfare 2 looks like its more of the same...but with allot more hype behind it...so im wondering whether to give it a go? My friends have all pre-ordered it and im wondering whether I should give it a second chance?

On a side note - I have actually ordered the Mad catz Throat communicator as it looked pretty sweet and a nice replacement :p

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11607182/Madcatz-Officially-Licensed-Modern-Warfare-2-Xbox-360-Throat-Mic-Communicator-Headset/Product.html#

Anyone else got this? I will post how good it is when it arrives.

What to do?

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

That looks uncomftorble tbh. And pre-order it if you like the original game, but I can see it being very repetitive to the original Modern Warfare. Looks strictly linear again.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

If you didn't like the old one and your friends are getting it then save the cash and play one of theirs to see if you like it, then buy it if you do.

4. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I'm going to wait until it gets down to £15 in Game. I've not been hearing good things about this one at all and will just play COD4 again if I want a linear FPS with a tired game engine.

5. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

For me the cod series got old at cod2.... to much take an objective then hold for re-inforcements , rinse repeat... for me it's like the 'now that's what i call music xxxx " of the gaming world :)

6. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I think that is a bit flattering - at least with the "Now" albums there are different songs every year. COD is more like those endless Ibiza albums that always have the same tracks on them, but they change the date on the cover.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I own COD 3 and 4 and never bought 5 and have no intention in buying 6. I never really got into the series, I still prefer Battlfield.

Cant wait for Bad Company 2 :)

8. rolly74

rolly74 Digital Marionette

I'm getting it

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i like the cod's i have at some stage bought every one since 2. but they are just a bit of entertainment in my view. the single player is fun for what it lasts and the multiplayer has abit of longevity even though it is kinda repetitive.

i know im not getting it on release, there are better games out at the moment that id prefer to play but i will get it in a few months. youll be a long time waiting for a game this popular to go down in price in my experience

if your buying it just dont expect that much its fun but its not that deep imo

Last edited: 3 Nov 2009
  10. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

True..... Anyway i just got Borderlands (which i really like by the way!) to tide me over until Call of Pripyat arrives so i certainly won't be getting cod4mw2....

11. numanoid

numanoid Modder

ive got all the call of duty games, united offensive etc, i like the original cod games online, but cod 4 online is weird i just cant get the hang of it, playing all the others online is awesome especialy united opffensive where you can jump in a tank, the older ones just seem better when playing online, just my opinion guys
    take care all

12. October

October Mariachi Style

Yeah, CoD2 was awesome online! I found a few custom servers where you could use your frags as tripwire mines, mucho funtimes =D Haven't played MW online on the PC, just the PS3. TBH the singleplayer is just to get you used to the controls and guns, online's where CoD really shines.

13. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I'm only getting it on release night because local play n trade is having a event/party with free food... but if they don't carry it for pc im walking across the street to gamestop, ours is carrying some pc games like wow. and a few others but not to many.

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

I am staying away from this one, I know my mates will buy it for their xbox, but I find myself not bothered by the xbox so am looking to sell it.

My main reason apart from the cost of the game + the cost of live again is that I know it is going to seriously damage my degree if I buy it. I remember the endless nights of world at war and we (being my group of friends) all agreed that "it wasn't even that great really".

Buy it if you have a bunch of time to waste playing it online, otherwise don't.

15. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I'll be getting this launch day.

16. NoMod

NoMod What's a Dremel?

25 killstreak calls a nuke that autowins the game for your team...nuff said...

Don't support these clowns at IW, they wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them on the ass!

17. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I'm going to get borderlands soon, it looks like a bit of fun and it's quite cheap in Tesco. But as you say, waiting for the next S.T.A.L.K.E.R!