1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a chance for you to catchup or overtake

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by spunkymonkey, 3 Nov 2009.

1. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

afternoon all,
    well its been a pisspot few days with my folding rigs as a few of you may have noticed with my points drop.saturday morning a pump failed on one of my watercooled i7 rigs and would you believe it but another one failed this morning on one of my other i7's :duh: :wallbash:
    plus over the weekend ive been tinkering with win7 on a couple of rigs and ive dropped my 3rd i7 rig from folding for the time being to test out crossfire on a couple of radeon 5870's and to catch up on some winter months gaming.
    got a few new bits ordered for delivery tommorrow to get these rigs back up and folding hopefully by the end of this weekend and to accommodate the 2x gtx 275's that where left over from the radeon replacement.
    watching you in my mirror lizard,coolamasta,ps3/landi and saspro of course :D

cheers spunky

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Good luck with all the re-building mate - as much fun as it would be to overtake you, hopefully you'll be back up to full strength soon.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Sorry to hear about pumps failing and the like mate, I hope they didn't take any chips with them to silicon heaven?

You'll be back to full strength in no time, I have no doubt about that. Producing a 24 hour average of more than 100K you can afford the odd little accident or failed component. I, however, can't :p

4. ThunderBob

ThunderBob What's a Dremel?

Good excuse to upgrade the pumps! :D

5. Unicorn

Indeed! What pumps were you running out of interest?

6. spunkymonkey

they where both coolit system domino that ive had for about a year now,unfortunately i cant do anything about them as they where sent by mistake from a reputable online retailer :D im going back to air cooling until i can afford to go the full hog like the one in my gaming rig,but there £200+ per rig.
    as long as i get them back up and running i will be happy for a while.
    cheers spunky

7. Unicorn

Aw that's unfortunate mate. I've never used them, pretty much nothing but Laing or koolance pumps get into my systems ;)

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

If you can keep the rigs down for another 8 months I might have a chance of overtaking you.

I've got a couple of almost new D5's I'm getting rid of soon if you go back to water (and tubing, barbs etc)

9. spunkymonkey

pm me when your ready to get rid of them sas please

cheers spunky

10. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'll put together a list for you