1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Modern Warfare 2 PC player limit slashed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Nov 2009.

1. dreamhunk

dreamhunk What's a Dremel?

2. Omegahunter

Omegahunter What's a Dremel?

Dastards :mad: only just got home from work to read this. Would cancel my order but its already been sent out :'(
    Guess someone i dont like it going to get it for christmas now.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

here we go pc gamers, heres a massive great kick in the nads, oh that not enough? want more? here we go then one more kick in the nads. oh hang on you still want to buy the game? thats a shame we were hoping all this nad kicking would have put you off, shucks looks like we might have to make MW3 pc after all, but we'll continue kicking you because you have the audacity to try and game on a pc. i mean, have you SEEN how good the 360 is? we thought you lot would have given up years ago, get with the times people.

4. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

I smell Activisions hand on this. IW used to be a pretty together PC developer, and having spoken with some of the team personally, they definitely seemed to want to support the plattform.

But from Activision's point, boiling everything down to a "Single Feature Parity SKU" probably looks nice on some balance sheet somewhere.

At least cross plattform play then? I mean, if you want to make it the identical experience on both plattforms, save for the control interface, then this an ideal title for that...

Battlefield Bad Company 2just got a huge Shot in the arm. They could capitalize huge on this one. But it's DICE under EA, and their track record is less then comforting. The irony is that not too long ago people would have easily believed that BC2 would make this changes before MW2.

5. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

People are still playing BF2 aren't they?! There are worse combinations...Infinity ward & Activision for starters!

Bad company 2 is £26.99 pre-order on Amazon, but it isn't out until March
    Clicky

6. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I agree, this reeks of Activision.

This game will just give IW more pirating statistics.

7. dreamhunk

dreamhunk What's a Dremel?

8. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I honestly think they do. They've lost 25 sales from our LAN group so F'em. I'm not buying a consolized turd.

9. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

Hi first time post,

Holy crap, screw this game, my friends and I will stick with MW1 on the !!LAN!!

also the recaptcha i did to register was "farts commando"

10. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Good news for me. Now I won't feel like I'm missing out when I get the ps3 version :)

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

DiCE aren't exactly shining examples of developers that make games for the players either. They repeatedly messed around with BF2 in ways they never needed to, gave up fixing game-breaking bugs (red tag glitch anyone?) and left players hanging for a final patch that was needed to add things that should have been years ago (widescreen and high res support)....

I WILL buy BF3 when it eventually shows it's face, but I dont have much faith in DiCE to make a stable, balanced game anymore.

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Are they not wanting to maximise their sale potencial. It seems like they are doing everything they can to ruin a franchise and reduce sales. I wonder if this is intencial because they dont want to do a COD7

13. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

looks like we will have a winner in torrents!

As I really don't care about multiplayer, it's ok for me. And I don't have more than 10 friends anyway

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

flaws and bugs aside, i just love BF2. i think the gameplay is better than CoD multiplayer ever was and i'm still playing it. i seriously hope DiCE do good on their word and support PC gamers throughout.

as for the fact that PC gamers have a lot of hate? well quite frankly we've been treated pretty rough with the ammount of consilification that has happened. and it's ALOT. I can understand some of the reasons behind the decisions like delaying games, but really at the end of it we're just getting shafted.

it's kinda like the diablo 3 thing where it was becoming too colourful. PC gamers are like Diablo gamers. We're so hardcore we're ready to cut our own balls off to prove a point.

and yeah, MW2, i'm voting with my wallet and buying second hand :D

15. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Except these complaints are actually justified, rather than fanboy whining like Diablo 3. :rolleyes:

16. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

everyone is making a big deal about nothing.

in multiplayer fps' developers usually limit the player cap as a design consideration. The original cap in the half life engine is 32 players if I remember correctly. Counter strike lowered this cap to 24 or 20 IIRC. Not because of technology but because of game design.

an 18 player cap is still pretty high and I've found that in most multiplayer fps after that lag becomes an issue OR games become steam rollers when a few good people work together on one side. If the developer thought an 18 player cap was alright I'm fine by it.

going back to the above while CS did have a high player cap, it wasn't all that fun to play with 20+ people it became a zoo. Same thing happened in BF2. I don't expect it to be any different here.

17. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

:sigh:

18. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Oh good thing I was worried that it was a port and that I was going to need to play it with my feet.

19. centy

centy DFI Nutter

Like I care any more.

20. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

+1

I'll be joining you in that, hell I'll probably pirate it and never play it just to prove a point lol, I just spent £40 on the collector's edition of dragon age origins for 60-80 hours of gameplay, I'm preordering FFXIII for about £35 for about 80+ hours of gameplay, why should I pay £35 for 6-7 hours of gameplay? That's nonsense pricing :( At least I know I'm getting good games with dragon age and final fantasy and not getting screwed to the ground like COD4:MW2

Tags: Add Tags