1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News "Prince of Persia film is a hit with gamers"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Nov 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

I'm not the biggest fan of PoP games (but I still enjoy them) and I'm still looking forward to the movie. The trailer seemed pretty good, hope the movie is as good as it seems.

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Could this, actually be a decent game to screen adaptation? Don't know, never really got into the games, I'll probably watch this if someone has it on. Won't go out of my way, but it does look promising compared to all the other lepers that have come out.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Indeed, it does look quite good. But then, I also said that about the trailer for the Hitman movie... :D

I will probably go see it either way.

5. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

^^ I thought Hitman was a good movie

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I thought Hitman was good too. Obvious and mindless in many ways, but definitely watchable even if I still have no idea what happens with the plot.

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I think this could be a successful movie. It's been a while since I played Sands of Time though so I'm not sure I'll be able to draw any comparisons.

8. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

at least he's not a nob head like warrior within! could be quite good! wasn't even aware of it before today though :/

9. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Judging by the trailer this film could actually be decent. I'd be pleasantly surprised if this turns out to be one of the first really good game to movie adaptions.

10. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

There was a plot?

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

For some reason, perhaps it's the quality of the trailer and the way it's put together, but I get the feeling that we've all already seen the best bits of the movie..

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Looks very much like a "Prince meets lotr meets assassin creed meets mummy meets indy" kinda movie :p

13. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Looks like it'll be an entertaining watch. Much like the Mummy, techinically not a good film but still nice and easy to sit down and watch.

14. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Looks like another triumph of effects over story

15. Deadwolf

Deadwolf What's a Dremel?

Oh the Sand... don't think i have seen that much sand since Dune! How about they do Assassin Creed next.. .that would be a great game inspired movie....

16. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Looking good!

17. Kalcifer

Kalcifer If you want change, start with yourself.

Its gunna be easy to shoot, they just film a bit and rewind it several times of a period of 2hours :), but seriously, Im interested to see if it does well, we are seeing more and more movies from games, some good, some bad, time will tell, ( oo I did it again XD)

18. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

I don't know. I thought it before when I saw the poster at the movies and that feeling hasn't changed . . . He doesn't seem like the Prince from Sands of Time and definitely doesn't have that . . . Persian feel. It will probably be a decent movie, but in general it feels very Americanized. When I played the game, I felt like i was in the shoes of a Persian prince. Looking at Jake in that role, I just don't feel that sense of cultural interest.

Idk, probably is just me. *shrug*

19. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I remain hopeful until I see the movie.

I think a lot of the time the problem with Games to movies is that they think gamers are only interested in big explosions, over the top violence and hot women half naked. basically The film crank over and over again.

The thing is a lot of the games have very deep or rich stories and they immerse you in another world, that's not just non-stop action.

For instance if you play the hitman games. They are very dark and brooding and psychological. The first game starts with you waking up in an insane asylum not knowing who you are, and it ends with you killing the man that created you. The movie leaves out all of the discovery and intrigue and psychological underpinnings and makes him a dood who just kinda goes on a killing spree, protects a girl and then ends in over dramatic fashion.

I think Resident evil did so well, because the plot was actually very good and it wasn't just her running around doing crazy moves and killing zombies. That's also why resident evil 2 and 3 sucked, because they fell into that formula and put the plot on the back burner (same for matrix 2 and 3)

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

This. Trust me, it's not just you - a lot of people I've spoken to feel the same way.

Tags: Add Tags