1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics New low for nVidia

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by azrael-, 6 Nov 2009.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

According to this nVidia will block the use of Lucid Hydra chips with its graphics cards and might even try to kill off motherboards using these chips.

Coupled with the apparent need to ridicule Intel, this marks a new low for nVidia. I'm really starting to lose that last bit of faith I had in this company! I think this is truly pathetic!

2. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

I can't say that I'm surprised although multi-GPU performance with matching cards lags somewhat behind expectations generally and so I can't see how Hydra would suddenly make all of this better and using mis-matched pairs would surely add to the problem.

Nvidia have to release regular driver updates for their current range of card (new games, new demands, extra SLI support etc) would they really be expected to keep up with these releases AND extra driver updates to help support their cards when matched with ATI's latest?

Sure it'd be nice to pick and choose but I don't see it happening.

3. chumbucket843

chumbucket843 What's a Dremel?

that article is wrong. its funny how news sites steal from one another and twist the words around. it all stemmed from a demerjian article that was debunked by MSI themselves.

4. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

If it IS true, then I hope Lucid come up with a way of countering this, the whole point is so that NVidia and ATI will play nice for a change

Oh well, at least we can play with Matrox and ATI... or maybe not :p