1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision defends MW2 on PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Nov 2009.

1. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

They're monitoring the situation closely, they say. So does that mean there is a good chance they'll hear their customers say "blow it out of your backside, Infinity Ward"???

2. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I'm not buying it now. I was going to. I was gonna ignore the things that were bad and try to enjoy the good.. but now im just egnoring this all together. good bye mw2.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

What's MW2?

4. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

So in other words they assume that the PC is really noting more than a glorified console...

5. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

So we say we want dedicated servers, its what we like about PC gaming. They respond were all stupid and have no idea what we really want? I own a PS3, I buy 90% of my games on PC there's a reason for that... and I know why its because I like the multilayer experience better on PC.
    They just keep kicking me... they think were stupid now.

6. fodder

fodder Minimodder

I have been taking the approach of 'no MP worth anything, so only SP which should be ok, so torrent.'

However, reading the interview, I don't think I will even be doing that. For two reasons:-

1. It sounds like they have completely ignored the control system of keyboard and mouse and that we are lucky to have any buttons work at all. for example 'removing' lean (can't be arsed to put it in as difficult to incorporate in a console pad).

2. by pirating, I would actually support IW's claim that it is a good game and add to the 'everyones pirating our game as it's so good, but they will still have to buy it for MP', justifying the use of IW.net and making them think they have a good PC game and it was the correct route to take.

don't even pirate the game, let it fade into obscurity with the only note to it's death 'consult your customer or you will follow this demise'. Plenty of other games around. Oh, and if you can resist buying it for a console that would be great too :)

7. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

To get ready for the game's launch Amazon zapped all those one-star reviews, still, 3 days to go - the community will have to aim for 200 after it goes on sale - I'm in the complete boycott camp here then again I didn't buy CoD 4 for over a year because of the price anyway.

8. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

9. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

No, by pirating the game you give them even more reason to keep shafting PC gamers with lazy console ports. As a PC gaming community, by tolerating people in our midst who pirate we are just screwing ourselves. It is a shame the mods don't take a much harder line on it.

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

11. Burnin'

Burnin' FPS gamer

it's amazing.... i was waiting with mi fingers crossed but I'm now officially convinced... I will not buy this game! It's like IW wants to get rid of PC gamers. Every new article, every newsflash, every post i read uncovers a new "feature'' of MW2 that f*ks PC gamers up in the arsh!!!!!

The only reason I bought MW was because of the MP.... now that's gone! No dedicated servers, user mods and now player limit of 18/18!!!!!!!! This is just laziness!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

No, by pirating the game you give them even more reason to keep shafting PC gamers with lazy console ports. As a PC gaming community, by tolerating people in our midst who pirate we are just screwing ourselves. It is a shame the mods don't take a much harder line on it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that damage has already been made! Specially now that A-hole Griffith has confirmed everything! The game will launch next week! All my hopes of this being an Activision / IW marketing tactic to create hype around the PC version have been thrashed!

I WILL TORRENT THE DAMN THING!!!!!! They had their chance! I have bought all CoD games so far for the PC and I have love them all! But now the want to screw me, and I will not take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to EA's BF:Bad Company 2.... a real multi-player game

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'm also tired of the fight but I'm even more tired of PR people saying these changes were made to enhance the experience... what the fck does that even mean ? Do they even know themselves ?

If you're going to crap on our heads at least have the decency not to laugh at us afterwards

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I never even bothered caring about the "PC-gaming is dying" prophecies, but this really opened my eyes. What the ****? For me CoD has been the best PC-FPS ever since it first came out, and now they essentially teabagged all the pc-gamers.

14. AWowzer

AWowzer What's a Dremel?

they are doing their best to destroy all the goodwill from call of duty 4. tomorrow the news will be they are releasing mw2 on floppy disk only "we feel having the customer install the game from 5000 floppies will enhance the user interaction experience"

15. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

And using Babelfish to translate this gives me the following:

16. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

Probably get shot for giving my opinion but meh.

I support Activision's decision. I just wanna play the game both single player and multi. I prefer the decrease in players cause it means I won't die as soon as I spawn, I don't care about the no dedicated servers and user content is usually lame (except for "Rats" on CoD2) but then again I do understand where everone else is coming from so I'm not against you.
    This is probably due to my lack of knowledge on games cause I just play lots of them and don't really care what happens to them and I'm always open for new directions.

17. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

El Rando, respect due for your opinions, and having the balls to air them :p

I see the 1st and foremost problem as being the lack of a regular place to play. What I mean by this is that I enjoy gaming in one place with regular gamers, and this ALWAYS means a dedicated server. With the recent changes to PC MP gaming going the same way as consoles I see SOCIAL PC MP gaming going down the pan.

PC MP gaming has always been (to me) about settling in a dedicated server and becoming a regular, whether I decide to be vocal ("NEED BACKUP Now! ... pretty please"), noisy ("RAAARRRGH DIE DIE DIE BASTERDS"), bossy ("BACKUP FFS"), quiet (" ... ") .... however I play it, it's always about (using CSS as one eg. from many) 32 regular players, gaming together, knowing that it's going to be fun due to previous playing times.

PC MP = SOCIAL EXPERIENCE

CONSOLE MP = RANDOMNESS minus social

And thats just my personal view, please, no 360 or PS3 owners shoot me down either :p

18. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I just skimmed that and all I have to say is quote this
    I think that says everything that needed to be said, I mean comeon! PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat and graphic settings?! THEY MAKE PC GAMES PC GAMES! What is wrong with IW lately, seriously, I was never THAT fussed about the game to start with but now I can't even think of a reason to pirate the thing nevermind actually buy it, I mean what's the point? The whole lead up to the game just feels rotten to the core. I'd rather just pick up a copy of battlefield 2 or something and play that than this.

19. jonmcc33

jonmcc33 What's a Dremel?

I would mind it. I already get angry at the noob campers that annoy me on current Modern Warfare servers. Last thing I want is to mix it up with noob console gamers too.

I signed the petition and I will NOT be buying this game.

Battlefield 2 just got a nice 1.9GB patch that opened things up a little and that game is 4 years old. I think I'll add it to my mix of FPS games that I'll actually play.

20. skybarge

skybarge just chilling at work

Great comment, definitely makes companies like EA and Activision really think:
    I know lets spend millions of dollars on PC games, so people can pirate them. It's your attitude that makes them spend less on PC games on more on Consoles...

Tags: Add Tags