1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP's Hating on MW2

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Guest-23315, 9 Nov 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Sigh... its a game with an 18 certificate... What more do they want?

2. Perfectionist

Perfectionist What's a Dremel?

Next the thick b******s will be targeting Army Cadets. When we're in a military recruiting crisis, they want to clamp down on people pretending to be soldiers in a computer game? :rolleyes: We have so many school shootings too, I mean something has to be done! :rolleyes:

bit.ly/gamersvoice

Last edited: 9 Nov 2009
  3. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

They dislike an 18-rated game but don't mind sending 18-year-olds far away to get shot at for real?

Baz and wgy like this.
  4. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

its a game!!
    get over it...
    18+ yes but that won't stop anyone getting hold of under that..

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Just wait a few more years and they will ban all FPS-games in the whole country. Keeping in mind all the BS-laws I've heard about before, that would hardly even surprise me.

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

when you look at what is available under the 18 rating film wise, this pales in comparison. people just need to understand that games are not toys and this argument is over.

7. McLovin9091

McLovin9091 I Have used a Dremel

i wouldnt say that we are having a recruiting crisis, over the past year numbers of recruits has gone up. At least one of the Corps within the army is over manned. Probably something to do with the recession.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Minimodder

I guess they should ban the Saw, Hostel and Final Destination films then.

All of them, plus many more, show actual people getting tortured and maimed; ok, we know they're actors and not really getting slaughtered, but it certainly looks more real than games do.

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

"PC editions retailing at £50."

Someone take that ******** to parliament.

Mr Mario likes this.
  10. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

This has been going on for years, especially about GTA3. They said that it'd turn everyone into rapists that murder and pillage etc etc.... 8 years (ish) later and these sorts of games are still being released and crime is still the same. I really don't see a connection, if people are likely to cause a crime and are motivated by computer games I'm pretty sure that if their mentality were the same and copmuter games did not exist, they'd find another source of motivation. After all, crime has always been around.

11. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Ah, but you're forgetting the mentality of a lot of game violence protesters here:

1. Games = for children
    2. There is a violent game
    3. Therefore violent games are being made for children
    The rating is irrelevant, they've got it into their heads that games are for children and nothing is going to change that view :duh:

12. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

:thumb:

I agree here, but the british film board have the power to stop these films coming into the country, a few years ago (ok a bit l;onger than that) a clockwork orange was banned in the Uk, along with the directors version of the Exocist.

It's all down to those w****** up on high thibnking that they are doing this sort of thing for the benefit of the general public, but its more like "think of the children" anyone past the age of about 14 is not considered, that's imo anyway.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

useless trivia:

the ban on clockwork orange was lifted upon Stanley Kubricks death.

14. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Clockwork Orange wasn't banned; the directory, Stanley Kubrick, decided to withdraw it from circulation, which is why, once he died, it became available.

Really, COD MW2's violence isn't an issue - there's one MP, Keith Vaz, attempting to make an issue of it, and failing, because while violent, most people don't perceive it to be morally questionable - you play a soldier for the UK/US who takes a Jack Bauer-sque approach to hunting down bad guys.

It's quite different to GTA III, which did cause a more general outrage, because more than 1 MP found its violence immoral/amoral.

15. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Until Jack Thompson decides it's offensive and amoral it's fine ;)

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought he got de-bar'd or whatever you want to call it.

17. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

He did indeed. But only from practising law, not from having crazy opinions.

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I would agree with that.

I know you were being sarcastic but I'm not.

19. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

meh, it's only Keith Vaz. He'll do and say anything slightly controversial to get into the press.

20. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

This.

He is notorious for only attending events only if the press cover it.

I believe it was at a school or some event that requested him to be their guest or something and his responce was "only if the leicester mercury attend" so he can raise his profile.

He probably hasnt even played the game or seen it, simply jumped on the bandwagon to gain attention.

He is known as Vasaline Vaz for the amount of times he's bent the law and rules and then riggled out of it - He was even investigated for corruption but so much evidence was withheld or said to be no longer available in the investigation against him they couldnt prove it.

Also he was under the spotlight for the expenses scandal, he really went to town with the taxpayers money (fluffy pillows costing hundreds of pounds being just one of the things our money was being spent on for his royal a55)