1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide ultimate thermal paste- DIY

Discussion in 'Modding' started by willyolio, 10 Apr 2008.

1. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

internet: $40/mo
    pc: $more then the parents know you spent on it
    reading posts like ^ : priceless :D

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Here the List of Thermal conductive Componant

1# Aluminium, basic and not expensive, that's why all electrical component heatsink are principaly manifactured with this. 200-236Wmk

2# Gold, useless for Us but a crucial part of the printed circuit industry. 320Wmk

3# Copper ! Strong, Wighty and Damn Cool. More expensive than alum but more conductive too, that why you buy Zalman heatsink. 348-390Wmk

4# Except for Artic Silver paste (polysynthetic silver, zinc oxide and aluminum oxide) a Heatsink built with Silver is too expensive for around 15-20% more conductive than Copper. However, that'S Sick ! Around 430Wmk

5# Forget the Diamond for Heatsink except if you're God. You can only Buy Diamond Powder 1000Wmk Impur 2600Wmk Pur I Saw Review about Diamond thermal paste, the same price than Artic Silver so why not ?

Few Minute after this Message I bought IC7 Diamond Paste on Ebay hehehehe Ill test

Last edited: 12 Nov 2009
  3. sentek

sentek What's a Dremel?

who wants to be the first to make a diamond water block then? ^.^

im sure you get lots of +rep for it!! :D

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

Now, the Worst Conductive componant for US. Dont Ever Do this !

Bronze 50Wmk Good for 3rd place Medail, not for us.

Steel 50Wmk Good for .... no not Good at all.

Iron 55Wmk Its good........For Carpenter Nail ! Not for Us.

Brass 125Wmk Really nice for Vessel's Instrument, not for us.

Please dont built Homemade Heatsink with those metals, its a Death End :dremel:

5. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Steel lol, mad rust!

Im interested to see a waterblock made out of gold, high thermal conductivity Cheesecake. I would imagine silver would be pretty good to make it out of.

1kg block of silver is around 600 AUD and you could get at least three or 4 blocks out of it. Wheres the sugar daddies with CNC's when you need them?

TheBlackSwordsMan likes this.
  6. TheBlackSwordsMan

You can Carve a Heatsink with LEAD too XD And die of poisoning after your heatsink is melted :lol:

7. TESCO-Zsömle

TESCO-Zsömle What's a Dremel?

Hell! Did anyone success??

I've make a diamond TIM using diamond powder and silicone grease, but it was almost a crap. I think ther were two problems. First, the grease I use was too dense. Can't mix the powder good enough, and it was hard to apply. The second I think is that the powder was a crap.

Next time, I will use silicone oil, what's much more fluent, and I buy the powder from a lab instead of ebay...

Finalli, results. It has beaten Zalman's ZM-STG1, but Cant get the AS5 or the AC MX2.

Now I use a German grease. It haves 20% better density and 20%better heat conduction then MX2. I have buy an extreme ThermalPad a month, but i don't use it yet, cause it has a horrible price. It has twice the thermal conducivity then the German grease, and it haves a circumstancial applying method...

I've planing to continue experimentation to find the best TIM...

ps: Sorry for my english.

ps2:AC MX-2:
    [​IMG]

Geman Grease:
    [​IMG]

Tags: