1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant So Algeria won a football game...

Discussion in 'General' started by gnutonian, 18 Nov 2009.

1. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

... and the Algerians in this city (and no doubt, many others around France/Europe) are causing ****ing riot. They won, so as a celebration, they're setting **** on fire.

Here's video of a bin (luckily, only a bin) on fire just outside my appartment building. A minute before they set the bin alight, they kicked two other bins into the street where ****ing cars where driving!.

http://www.indigetesdii.org/stuff/kafir/moto_0561.3gp

(Sorry, 3gp only, blame my phone :p)

I live in the expensive area of town. The troublemakers don't live here, they live way down south - they watched the match on TVs in pubs (even though they totally don't drink like their religion instructs them) and walked home (breaking shop windows, like the wedding dress shop on the corner of my street, on their way) via 'our' area.

Their behaviour is totally disgusting. If Algeria had lost, it'd be even worse. I know that somebody in this city is going to die tonight. Any excuse will do for 'them' (North African youths in France) to cause violence, like in November 2005.

In other football news: France lost to Ireland tonight, but there isn't a single French (or Irish) person on the streets setting **** alight/causing trouble about it!

These ****ers need to be deported; but unfortunately most of them will have the French nationality and can't be send back to the country they seem to consider their own.

A lot of shops have been smashed up (and stolen from), cars have been set alight, and thousands of people in this city alone have been disturbed (I myself have to get up in five hours).

I know this entire post sounds racist, but **** me, it's a ****ing FOOTBALL GAME, not a war! Algeria won 1 to zero - it's not even anything to be proud of!

Last Saturday, Algeria lost a football game to Egypt (tonight, they won against Egypt; I have no idea why they played again). In Marseille, boats were set alight and there were massive riots in the streets (a lot, lot, lot, lot worse than here tonight). What the **** is their problem? It's a ****ing football game! 22 guys chasing a ball!

I am so angry, I cannot describe it. Firefighters and police are all over the city because of a goddamn football game. The troublemakers aren't worthy of the term "human".

Last edited: 19 Nov 2009
  2. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Nah mate, that's cos there's trouble on the streets every day, so it's normal for us

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Is this the first time you've encountered retarded hooliganism?

It's not a shock, to me, but I agree that it absolutely should not happen. We're supposed to be, as humans, better than this mindless crap :/

4. gnutonian

Well, they've been pretty well-behaved so far! It's the other ones that are causing trouble.

They showed Irish people/supporters of the Irish team on the news, and they were just happy. Not setting cars on fire, not causing any trouble, just cheering for their team. In comparison to the Algerians, they're being very, very civilized (maybe loud, but not destroying stuff in a way of celebration).

This is the first time I've personally encountered it. I've seen it on the news many times, but never in person. It's just so strange. Like you said, we're supposed to be better than that. Bunch of retards causing riot... over a sodding football game.

It really makes me lose my faith in humanity even more. My girlfriend even asked me "So, the end of the world, is this what it's going to be like, but worse?" and all I could say was "Yeah.... pretty much, I guess...".

People (even though they're not worthy of the word) behaving like animals is something I do not want to see.

5. Scorpsel

Scorpsel Imaginary Time

Yeah, it was a mess here as well. They broke the window of the wedding dress shop on the corner of my street and made off with a couple of dresses, mannequin and all. I wonder if they made it far that way, not very inconspicuous..

..wait, Imperium, where do you live exactly? Those videos look like they could've been taken from my apartment building. Could be the phone though. :D

The other two times I've experienced this kind of behavior was when local football clubs won something and the supporters decided to destroy their own city because of it. Once was in Amsterdam, after two rival teams played. The whole city was invaded by thousands of drunk supporters and police, and I was stuck in the middle of it. Not an experience I'd like to repeat soon..

There will always be some idiot who starts the whole thing, and a handful more to follow him.

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

France didn't lose to Ireland; a last minute deliberate handball from Henri to Gallas resulted in a header and a goal. France went through, which is why there isn't despair out on the streets, but you also went through on the basis of some pretty hardcore cheating, so that's why no-one's outside celebrating.

Ireland I suspect is a different story. Those people can hold a grudge.

Cambridge student?

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you guys have never witnessed a playoff win (hockey) here in Montreal ... For some reason people in this city love to riot and destroy ****

8. liratheal

But hockey is not much more than a thinly veiled fight to begin with =P

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

right :rolleyes:

:duh:

10. liratheal

I think I need <joking> tags >.>

I'm a hockey fan, and I find the stereotype that all it is is people fighting kinda funny >.>

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it's all good

sorry i'm kinda moody for failing miserably (again) my chemistry exam

i fcking suck

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

hm, that is why they should allow the police to use safari hunting rifles. Imagine getting hit in the chest with an arrow, and then just sagging to the ground.

Shotgun on being the police officer to try it first :D

13. gnutonian

I live in an immeuble on the street that was filmed, with a wedding dress shop on the corner where they broke the window and stole dresses. :eyebrow:

OMG ASL?! PIC?!

I'm all for justice and freedom of the people and whatnot, but I cannot honestly say I would mind if some of these dickheads got over-the-top beatings. But that's my selfish (and extremely tired) side talking ;)

14. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

From Ireland though :thumb: