1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MW2 writer discusses airport level

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Nov 2009.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

It's a video game. Fiction to the person in control. GTA is far worse than "No Russians".

Wouldn't killing in general be bad? Civilian or Combatant?

2. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

I loved shooting in that level. But I don't see anything particularly "horrifying" or smth like that. They're just bots, c'mon ppl, they're no different that any other enemy I killed in any shooter.

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

:p

Last edited: 2 May 2011
  4. craigp84

craigp84 What's a Dremel?

The folks that develop the story line != the folks with the money. You've misunderstood my post because of confusion on that detail.

Haha i liked this :)

As above you've got me back to front. The people pushing for the game not to be published, would be the ones pushing to make the world sterile.

Liked the mail quip though :)

5. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

I shot, but felt incredibly guilty afterwards :S

6. alantwelve

alantwelve What's a Dremel?

A pity that this has just been a discussion of everyone's approach to playing the game, rather than a discussion of the article. I mean, Jesse Stern said this:

"People want to know," Stern explained as a justification for the levels inclusion. "As terrifying as it is, you want to know. And there's a part of you that wants to know what it's like to be there because this is a human experience."

What an arsehole. Like he knows what it's like to be involved in a massacre of civilians... You don't know any more than some nimrod upthread giving it "huh I shot all the civliuns yeah!!!1" Vacuous, juvenile, publicity-seeking shite.

7. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

'Nuff said

8. deanimate

deanimate What's a Dremel?

I have yet to play the game but when I do I will certainly not be getting out a box of ****ing tissues and a blanket. I'll be shooting the people in the terminal. Hopefully there's some pregnant women there. They're the priority.
    It's as if some people want to come across as intellectual because there's some scene in a game that is causing a bit of controversy. Most of us have done stuff like this thousands of times before in various games but because the majority of us have a working brain and don't have the shittest parents alive, we do not think "Hmm well I shot a guy wearing a kappa tracksuit with his trousers tucked into his socks in MW2 and there were no repurcussions, so maybe on my trip to the canary islands next month I'll pack my sawn off...just in case...HAHAHAHHAHAM000000000000"
    No.

9. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

not played the single player game yet, been playing MP too much.
    Will give the Sp a go though tonight probably, I will see if it disturbs me or if i just see it as a game like every other game.

10. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

im more shocked that mw2 had a "script writer" than by the airport scene...

11. alantwelve

alantwelve What's a Dremel?

What does that even mean?

Everyone knows it's a game. It's the deliberately manufactured controversy that's the issue really, and the writer coming out with statements like:

"These are human beings who perpetrate these acts, so you don't really want to turn a blind eye to it. You want to take it apart and figure out how that happened and what, if anything, can be done to prevent it. Ultimately, our intention was to put you as close as possible to atrocity."

That's what this story is about. You may see understanding the content of the article as wanting to come across as intellectual, I suppose.

Anyway. Jesse Stern is a complete **** - discuss.

12. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

Every single tester opened fire at some point?

What a cop-out thing to say, if I was "testing" the game, of course I'd be replaying and trying different things.

13. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

The Single player was epic, it grasped me completly and I really felt for the characters and when certain parts of the game occured it left me stunned, sometimes upset or anger. These are all elements displayed in good film making - It's very common for civilians to be killed in films, we also see it in games like GTA. The airport mission you shouldn't be "Rewarded" by killing the terroists, **** no. Your undercover, there is more than just those guys there, if you just killed the guy then another would step in, your cover is already blown, America already has dead civilians.

It's realistic to have killed them, I went for legs as much as possible and left the ones on the ground, I killed a lot though. For single player you really have to take on a characters role, see if through there eyes and what would really happen. The game has an 18 rating, I really dont see what the issue is.

It's not appealing to kids, It's to adults. Adults who couldn't bare this scene had the option to not play it, end of story quite simply.

14. PBear23

PBear23 What's a Dremel?

I'm awaiting the real life court case 'Russian Airport devastating attack by Internet Clan', quoting members 'COD MW2 made me do it'.

It's a game, and a choice; don't like it - don't play it.

I'm predicting it will be a bit like the Johnathon Ross and Russell Brand incident, when the people complaining were the ones who went looking for it, just so they could complain after it was all over!

15. Psychopathus

Psychopathus What's a Dremel?

People usually don't care because it happens in Russia. Let's change the role and put an infiltrated Spetsnaz "Kirill Fedoretenko" that goes on a killing spree on JFK or LAX with some terrorists.
    You see what I mean? They pretty much killed a game 'cause it was situated in Guantanamo.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

ill be honest

i thought time to die civilians

and fired at everything and everyone insite and even lobbed a few grenades for good measure. Its a fun mission

17. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Maybe this is a long way of saying "we've completely lost the plot".

18. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I thought that the bit where they massacred the dedicated servers was more horrific...

I am looking forward to a CPC 'readers night' on a listen server though

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

We think alike...
    Once I will get my hands on this game I will have to play this mission 4 times in a row. It just helps to calm down if you have some kind of valve that you can open and release your anger.
    Better than actually breaking my colleagues' noses, I guess. ;)

20. pcgamez

pcgamez If only...

This game is full of American propaganda. Question to Jesse Stern - Next time why don't you include a massacre perpetrated by the U.S. army? Maybe a level where you can pilot planes dropping bombs of white phosphorous on villages of civilians, or go further and get some Abu Ghuraib scenes for the real 18+ rating...

Tags: Add Tags