1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Zune HD versus iPod Touch: Round 2, Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Nov 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

it might just be the photo, but the image on the iPod looks blurry compared to the image on the Zune?

3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Can you use the video output for things other than video? I can see the attraction of using the web browser on a big screen...

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ok, as my wife (accidently) dropped my touch down the toilet at the weekend (literally)... I am very much looking forward to the next roundups to get a decent picture on whether I replace it 'like for like' or look at the Zune.

5. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

You still can't get Zune anywhere but the States, which tells you something about Microsoft's confidence in the product.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's the image. I could not pause and photograph it without it being slightly blurry. Having said that, the screen on the Zune is very nice. Even if small.

Ph4ZeD - that's more to do with the fact Microsoft wants the Zune integrated into ZunePass, which music companies dont want outside the US. Same issue with the original.

7. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Other than when you are listening to music, do people actually ever use the features of an iPhone or Zune or wotsit unless they are on the toilet?

8. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I can imagine reading something whilst on the loo, yes. In fact, I frequently check my emails!

9. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I always ude my iPhone when I now I'm going to spend some time sitting down on the loo, in fact I'm typing this from my iPhone!

10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

11. dolphin-promotions

dolphin-promotions What's a Dremel?

@xaser04

These are imports. MS is not officially distributing in the UK. So if it breaks I am guessing MS wont support it and you will have to rely on the warranty provided by zunethings. Still it is not a bad option, but I would say it needs to be a bit cheaper than the touch to win people over.

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Import or not you can get the Zune in the UK (which is the point I was reffering to).

Of course, whether you would want an import is another matter entirely.

I agree on the price though. It needs to be cheaper than the touch (at the same capacity) to perk peoples interest (otherwise they will just buy the touch without even researching either device).

13. flibble666

flibble666 sorry i am dyslexic

ok first who in their right mind as a "tester" or ipod fanboy as it seem would use 4;3 video to test a wide screen device the difference between the two screens is 0.2 inches and 38 pixels in the i pods favour but in every other review ive read the tester used widescreen footage from what i can tell from the above you have used 4;3 footage the ipod seems to be slightly stretching the footage and the zune displaying it correctly its a bit like testing a 42" tv with 420p footage in 4:3 with no upscaling in every other review i have read the zune wins video playback hands down due to the OLED display well apart from the obvious ipod and zune fanboy reviews which will obviously be biased

14. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Flibble, it's called punctuation. It makes posts easier to read.
    Anyways, I am assuming that the video played was the same episode, just at a different part. They should both be the same 16:9 ratio, it just appears that the Zune has 4:3 due to the dark background in that scene.

15. jonasgreatguide

jonasgreatguide What's a Dremel?

Yep, I agree with this one.

Tags: Add Tags