1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Freezing Windos 7

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by DarkBanana, 23 Oct 2009.

1. DarkBanana

DarkBanana What's a Dremel?

I have just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on a just-built computer but every now and then, it just suddenly freezes. I can't even move the mouse or use keyboard and have to restart.

The computer was running the RC version just fine but I bought a Samsung F3 together with the Win 7 and installed the new Win 7 on the F3. The old F1 I was using before (with the RC on it) was reformatted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this???

EDIT: also, am I imagining it or is Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Retail slower than Win 7 Ultimate 32bit RC.

Last edited: 24 Oct 2009
  2. smajer

smajer what?!

Make sure you update all your drivers, bios, board, video, etc. Generally this a compatability issue with the video card or main board but can be various reasons, have you tried updates?

3. d4martin

d4martin d4martin

I think Win 7 -64 bit is slower than Vista 64- maybe we're both imagining it.

Does it suddenly freeze randomly, or at certain points in games etc. I had a problem with Modern Warefare 2 freezing if I was too close to an explosion (or caught in one) - due to a new driver install (ATI cat 9.10). If you think this is the problem - download the previous driver, use Driver Sweeper when in Safe mode, after you have uninstalled the current graphics driver. Re-boot and then install previous driver. You may even find you have to go back a few drivers to find one that's stable in Win 7. Also try to update your Bios and chipset drivers.

Hope this helps

M.

4. DMAthlon

DMAthlon What's a Dremel?

If I were you, I would DL & burn a copy of UBCD, then run diagnostics on your hardware to make sure nothing is faulty to start with. A BIOS update, as mentioned above, is also a good route. Maybe it's just a bad stick of RAM, eh?

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

5. gottymann

gottymann What's a Dremel?