1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals A portable mouse for netbook use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nippon109, 26 Nov 2009.

1. Nippon109

Nippon109 What's a Dremel?

To all,
    I am currently using a Samsung N130, which I have no major qualms with. The track pad on the netbook is pretty good, but it's just not as comfortable as a mouse. Now, I am aware there are thousands of mice on the market, and I am trawling through a great many reviews, but I was wondering if anyone had any stand out/good recommendations for a mouse that is good to use "on the go" as it were with a netbook?
    As usual, many thanks in advance!
    Now back to sifting through these reviews.
    Ta

2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Price? If money's no object the Logitech VX Revolution is designed for notebooks and it is pretty useful, the VX Nano may be a better match to your tiny netbook and has a very unobtrusive receiver. Both have the amazing free-spinning clickwheel system, which since I started using about two days ago has made such an impact I'm going to start evangelizing to everyone I meet.

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Logitech V450 nano is another good choice.

+Takes common AA batteries
    +Cheap
    +Power switch on the bottom
    +Tiny receiver, same as VX Nano I think

4. Nippon109

Wow cheers for the fast reply guys. Oh yea, I did forget to put a budget up didn't I? Oops. Well, I have been looking around and was wanting a Logitech one, so am very glad that both of you have recommended the brand. Budget is about £30, but have found the VX for £35 odd, so may stretch the budget. However, am gonna look into the V45o nano as well since it's cheaper and would be a happy to save a few quid. Thanks again for your help
    Ta

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I have a Logitech V220 here and it's great. Top notch battery life too.

6. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

wired or wireless?

7. Nippon109

with regards to wired or wireless... not too bothered, been looking at the wireless ones and they seem pretty good, but i hear the signal isnt very good with some. however, at the moment, leaning towards the wireless.
    cheers for the recommendation krikkit
    Ta

8. nsymons

nsymons What's a Dremel?

Got a logitech Vx nano and it's brilliant (no wireless issues at all) but just don't make my mistake of buying a usb mouse when the lappy has built in bluetooth. :wallbash:

9. Nippon109

hehe, cheers nsymons, was thinking bout that, then realised there is no bluetooth on the N130

10. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i tend to go for wired mice (i lose things alot). i have a microsoft notebook optical mouse 3000. looks pretty cool and doesnt cost much at all.

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

+1 for the VX Nano, I originally bought it for my Eee PC then ended up using it as a desktop mouse as well, I like it as a gaming mouse, just really comfortable for me. The adapter is great for laptops, not so great for desktop use.. Range is pretty crap.

12. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I love my VX revolution. I tried the VX nano, but the scroll wheel does not function as an actual button (no, no amount of configuration tweaks can change this, it's a hardware limitation) making it a bit useless.

13. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

logitech V320 cheap and small use um at work for our lappys.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151543

its wireless has a little dongle that re-attahces to the mouse itself when transporting it.

signal is very good not had an issues at all with them.

all in all does exactly what it supposed to; small portable mouse for laptop JOB DONE

14. Nippon109

Cheers guys... have done my research, but at the moment am bit helpless, cos I am in Spain atm, and have ventured tot eh shops, but the prices are ridiculously high, so for now, think i'm just gonna get a really cheap mouse and when get back to London will order one off the web... Thanks for all ur input!!
    Ta

15. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

I have the VX nano, i use it for my desktop. Its pretty great(Y)