1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone had this prblem with the IT7 MAX2 mobo ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [GiB]Grey M@a, 14 Dec 2002.

1. [GiB]Grey M@a

[GiB]Grey M@a What's a Dremel?

hi all

just a quick question,

i recntly bought an abit it7 max2 mobo which has been working fine as of now. every so often when i boot my machine it wont post, i either get a blank screen and on the majority of the time i get the boot screen it finds the cpu no problems at all but then it hangs trying to find the memory :\

has anyone had this problem with the it7max2 mobo before, where it just hangs trying to find the memory, when it happens again i will take a piccy of it and post it so you can see the problem, i have the correct memory timings and settings for my crucial pc2100 stick.

could this be the memory dying as it only happens every so oftern :\

cheers for the help

Grey

2. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Doesn't sound very good, but if it never hangs anywhere else I wouldn't blame your RAM - but try reseating it anyway (I guess you probably already have), and maybe try it in socket 2 instead of 1.

Sounds more like a mobo issue to me, is there a newer bios for you to try?

Rob.

3. [GiB]Grey M@a

yeah i am going to try a new bios some time this week, but i dont understand how it would work one minute then not the next, i dont think it is a mobo issue as it does the same thing in each bank :\ i am gonna see if i can get some memory off a mate to test the rig. i hope it aint a mobo issue as this will be the 3rd time this year i have had to send a mobo back due to faulty parts :\ first it was the mobo came with the agp socket ripped off the mobo then the second mobo the ide controllers didnt work, now this one :\ i've had enough :p

thanks for the help though

4. BigWorm

BigWorm What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of buying this board for new puter build and came across this link while searching for various problems associated with board. I haven't read it yet so I'm not sure it will help, but obviously others have been having the same problem. Hope the linkie helps.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/2345/

5. [GiB]Grey M@a

cheers big worm (btw did you get that handle from the movie friday with ice cube and chris tucker ? ) had a look through and there are reports of problems with crucial memory sticks (older ones anyway) and drives on the raid controller :) and guess what i have a first release crucial stick and 2 ibm drives on the raid, gonna strip the rig down thi weekend and see if it works without the raid.

6. BigWorm

BigWorm What's a Dremel?

Friday is where the name came from. Friends have been calling me this since the movie came out. Dunno why tho.:D

7. [GiB]Grey M@a

just to let you know

i got rid of the ibm drives in the rig and replaced the crucial 2100 ddr for corsair pc3200 and not one cold boot problem to date :) seems the theories behind the ibm drives and the crucial memory causing problems. thanks for the links all :)