1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Feeding Frenzy: November-11-2009 video card fan installed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Top Nurse, 23 Sep 2005.

1. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Video card fan

This fan dropped my video card's voltage regulator (VR) heatsink about 25 C. :jawdrop:

Now I can put my finger on the VR heatsink and ramsink's and they both just feel a bit warm. Here are some pics I took off my Aquasuite software. The first one shows an overview of my Aquaero and what's hooked to it. Before I put this fan in the VR heatsink was measuring 60-65 C.

The front, middle, and rear GPU fans refer to the 360 sized radiator fans. When I get bored I intend to program it so only one fan is initially on. The second and third fans will only turn on when a specific water temp is reached.

[​IMG]

Here is the screen for my Aquastream XT and items attached to it. This loop only cools the CPU.

[​IMG]

Time to clean up and enjoy using my FF for a while until I get started doing the power looms later in the week. Tomorrow I will be mixing up the scarlet color RIT dye I got a few days ago. I'm sure hoping I can get a decent match to my SATA cables. :worried:

2. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Looking good TN!

But do you have an overview picture ... I am starting to miss the big picture of your rig now:D

drbo :cooldude:

3. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

^ he just wants to see more pics

and so do i :D

4. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Okay, I will post some overview pics when I get home tonight.

5. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Per your request:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still lots of work to do. The cable management, mods, and custom wiring seems to go on forever. :sigh: If Koolance would sponsor me with a pair of flow meters I would turn the fan shroud around so the Koolance name is on the front. :D

Last edited: 13 Nov 2009
  6. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Now I get the big picture, thanks Top Nurse.

I also see where you can squeeze in another aquatube, aquastreem and possibly one or two radiators ... can never get enough radiators ...

Cant wait to see what you are doing next?

7. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Yeah if I move the HD's up to the 5 1/4 slots I could put a lot of radiators in the front bottom compartment. A 120 already goes in the front bottom.

Right now I am doing wiring. It's going to be awesome and totally original. Probably set a new fashion for the best dressed case. :hehe: :hehe:

8. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

9. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I definitely have to go back to work so I can order one of these and a X4 Aquadrive. :D

Sorry I haven't been doing much wiring work. Been busy nuking all the other civilizations in BTS Civ 4. :lol: :naughty:

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Top Nurse, do you order your stuff from AC in the EU and get it shipped over here, or is there a reseller in the States?

11. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I talked Wes at Sharka into importing the stuff, but he has since quit being an AC distributor. Now their is Sidewinder Computers in Indiana, USA. However, they don't stock a lot of AC stuff that I would be interested in. I tried to place an order with them, but Gary suggested I buy from Germany.

I have bought from Franz in Austria and Stefan at AC Berlin. Unfortunately they both appear to be out of business. :( So I will be just placing all my orders directly with AC for the time being I suppose.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2009
  12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I tried Gary too, but he says they aren't getting any new AC stuff. Guess direct is the way for now.

13. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

I guess it is much the same situation for you in the US as me in Norway (we are outside EU).

AC webshop is the way to go, they have all AC stuff of course. But they are doing batch production, so their might be some delays due to production time. But AC alway takes away German VAT (19%) when shipping outside EU. For me shipping is €25, so one better plan a little ahead, to reduce shipping costs. They take payment through paypal.

But after bying directly from AC over the last years, I will recommend them all the way. In case you have questions, email them info@aquacomputer.de, they usually return your questions within 2 days.

14. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

What happened to this great mod?

15. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

You know that is exactly what I was thinking about today. I have been busy with health and relationship issues. However, watching the euro drop like a rock compared to the US dollar is getting me thinking about placing an order with Aqua Computer so I can finish this baby. Prices haven't been this cheap in a really long time. :lol:

16. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Just do it!

17. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli I get by fine with a jig-saw.

Exactly! There is plenty of time to regret it in the future, stop wasting now time!

Think about it, it will be worth it to lay to rest a 5 year project...

18. claydough

claydough What's a Dremel?

poke poke... sniff sniff... necro?

19. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Greetings most exalted ones!

11 years ago there was a big disturbance in the force concerning the use of mixing metals in a water cooling circuit. In fact that conversation got me exorcised from the [H]ardForum and all things concerning AquaComputer went bye bye. :wallbash:

So here we in 2016 and I'm still running anodized aluminum, nickel plating, silver, stainless steel, and of course a brass and copper radiator. I've NEVER once flushed the system. I have had to top off the system once every couple of years due to insensible water losses. Never got a single drop of water leaking with those dastardly push fit connectors and I have 10 tubing connections sitting right over my PSU. :clap:

The solution then and still is that you simply use science to guide you and not voodoo water cooling cults. :nono:

The simple fix is Aquacomputer AC Fluid. :naughty:

I moved here to Brevard County, FL in 2011 and was most pleased to find out that http://www.performance-pcs.com/ is less than 15 minutes away and they still carry all the cool modding stuff! :dremel:

20. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Forgot to mention, NO CORROSION!