1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Setting up wireless network

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by malikdrako, 6 Dec 2009.

1. malikdrako

malikdrako Minimodder

I am trying to set up a wireless network in my apartment. It is on a school network, so it needs to act like a hub so each user can use their own login and their own ip provided by the school server. I think I got it working, but now I am unable to connect to the admin panel. How can I set it up to act like this but keep access to the admin panel? its a Rosewill RNX-EasyN4 router

Last edited: 6 Dec 2009
  2. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

When you say you can't access the admin panel, how are you trying to access it? It's usually 198.168.1.1 or 2.1. It's worth cycling up through the number as well - try 198.168.1.1, 188.168.1.2 etc etc. You've tried re-setting the router as well have you? If you don't get any joy with these two easy fixes you may need to re-set the router to factory default and starting from scratch again. I'm no expert on networks, but these have worked for me in the past

3. malikdrako

malikdrako Minimodder

When setting it up, I used 192.168.0.1, but that doesn't work unless I reset the router, and then I have to completely redo the settings

4. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

not sure about that brand but i know the netgear routers will move from
    192.168.0.1 to 10.0.0.1 if they detect another device using the IP range.