1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Budget overclocking is back!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 30 Nov 2009.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm sticking with Core 2 for a while. I managed to pick up a cheap QX9650, which performs brilliantly and was much cheaper than shelling out for the new board and RAM that i5/i7 would require. . Plus, my H2O 220 Compact won't fit i5 or i7 (the i7 boards with LGA775 mounting holes have awkward backplates that prevent proper fitting); so the additional expense of upgrading my WC kit has also been avoided.

I think I'll wait for the next generation to come along, and maybe buy a new graphics card next year to keep things ticking over.

2. Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark What's a Dremel?

I hope in a low price for Gulftown.......

3. Armand-[79th]

Armand-[79th] Vintage modder

I'll be looking at upgrading a Pentium D 930 in the new year, so this definately makes me think seriously about my options.

4. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

Bought my mobo about 4 years ago making sure it'd be ready to go to quad core when I wanted- so all this i5/i7 stuff should drive the top of the line quad core chips prices right down! Cheers Intel!

5. venus

venus What's a Dremel?

Hi . i'm just waiting for my build with 2700k to be finished but review has me worried as you failed to get a good OC on the same mobo as my build is using, weve got the corsair hydo 80 as cooler but as we were wanting 5ghz the reviews worried us

BTW (no HT) comp is for computer chess so no HT is needed for it

Anyone know why OC failed with that mobo(Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 ) ?

hat i need other than a pc literate brain is a reasonable priced ($150 )mobo with on board graphics that can be OC to stable 5 ghz

6. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

I think you posted your comment/question in the wrong thread. This 2 year old thread had been dormant since long before Z68 was released, and refers to socket 1156 and socket 775 systems, so the only thing your question has in common with this thread is that both refer to i7 chips.

Tags: Add Tags