1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming BioShock 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 16 Dec 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

The original BioShock went down a storm when it was first released and for the most part 2K Games managed to live up to the hype. Now we take a look at how BioShock 2 is coming along to find out if we'll be enraptured by Rapture again or whether BioShock 2 is lost at sea.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2009/12/16/bioshock-2-preview/1

:thumb:

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

So there will still be vita chambers every 3 metres then?

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Interested to see how the multiplayer is going to work. Balancing the plasmids and the guns into a neat package that works well - will be difficult. I just want a good shooter that isn't MW2 or CS. :(

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

hmmm i probably wont bother, lets face it the guns in bioshock weren't exactly satisfying. i reckon online thats going to become glaring obvious. the first one was mediocre gameplay wise, doesnt look like they're changing much, and i've seen the pretty architecture now thanks

5. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Bio-Shock for me was a fantastic looking game, colourful and engaging if Bio-Shock 2 is similar I will be buying it.

6. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Its all very well giving a balanced review but here you're slating the original game one minute and the next you're practically humping its leg -make your mind up!

The original was definately one of my favourite games and I like forward to the prequel

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I really enjoyed the original. Looking forward to seeing what this turns out like.

8. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Currently working my way through Bioshock. I'm finding it a deeply engaging game and I've really bought into the whole environment, atmosphere and ambience of the game.

Without doubt, it's definitely been the most engaging single-player FPS I've played since Half-Life 2 hit the stores and a game which has restored my faith in PC Gaming - to an extent.

IMO Crysis - while technically immense & despite all it's jungles, vehicles, bells and whistles - pales in significance to this as a world to be experienced.

Additionally, the variety of Bioshock (setting traps, using plasmids, plus the weapons - which may not be the most satisfying to begin with, but certainly grow on you) sets it apart, too.

I haven't got to the end, yet, so hearing that the endings weren't so great is slightly disappointing. I'll judge it for myself as and when I get there.

The re-playability would certainly be an issue for someone getting it for the full retail price, but, as it's now an older game, it's certainly worth buying it and playing it through once or twice.

It would be nice to see BioShock2 have some really inventive/innovating multiplayer which would be in keeping with the delivery and presentation of this game.

This really is a must-play game - one to own and have experienced.

9. t1alek

t1alek Mind modder.

The original Bioshock is one of my favourite games, mainly due to its fabolously engaging story that may stumble a little towards the end.
    If they can achieve the same level of atmosphere and integrate the new elements well enough into the world of rapture and its history, then I will be sold. Again.

10. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

Big daddys in space. This... this will be revolutionary.

11. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

this "preview" didn't actually say anything preview-like about the game, apart from some new information about the multiplayer mode. Can't we get some opinion on how the game is shaping up and if the multiplayer is a worthy addition, gameplay-wise?

12. eRased86

eRased86 What's a Dremel?

Erm... not sure where you guys got your information from... but the game is not a prequel.. it's set 10 years after the events of the first game.

The multiplayer is set during the Civil War but the main Single Player is set well well after the events of the first game..

More info:
    http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_2

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Console dross, i cant believe people actually rate the first, well actually i can, if they play with thumbsticks and are under 16.

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Well I'm sure a lot of people can't believe you don't rate it. Ever heard of a thing called an opinion?

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Now, now. Save your superiority complex for those really awful console ports ;)

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Whoops - that was me getting confused about the multiplayer/singleplayer campaigns. I've updated the article.

17. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

looooolll

true its not the worst port ever, just a bad game ;)

lets face it you could beat the first game by electric shocking everything and clouting it with a spanner. no realistic need to go beyond that mechanic if you dont want to. oh you died? thats ok we'll spawn you 10 yards behind and give you half your health back. very pretty and all that but also predictable and holds your hand to a ridiculous extent.

18. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Very good game, but glad that I waited and only paid a tenner for it.

19. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

come to daddy :p

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Nobody said you HAD to play with the vita chambers :p Play with save games tbh. And just because you CAN use only the shock plasmid and the rench, you guessed it, DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO. If that's your reason for the game being 'bad' then I'd like to see what games you rate as 'good' LOL.

I for one enjoyed it (on the pc :p). Interested to see how this will turn out.

Tags: Add Tags